Bang Kapi District
|The Mall Bangkapi|
|• Total||28.523 km2 (11.013 sq mi)|
|• Density||5,178/km2 (13,410/sq mi)|
|Time zone||THA (UTC+7)|
except Moo Ban Seri: 10250
Bang Kapi (Thai: บางกะปิ; IPA: [bāːŋ kàpìʔ]) is one of the 50 districts (Khet) of Bangkok, Thailand. It is bounded by other Bangkok districts (from north clockwise): Bueng Kum, Saphan Sung, Prawet, Suan Luang, Huai Khwang, Wang Thonglang, and Lat Phrao.
The area of Bang Kapi was once a jungle and has a history dating back to King Nangklao period when Chao Phraya Bodindecha (เจ้าพระยาบดินทรเดชา) led a troop to fight rebels in Champassack and Louangphabang and brought back people to settle here.
In 1972, Phra Nakhon and Thon Buri were joined as the single province Krung Thep Maha Nakhon. Administrative districts in the capital city were changed from amphoe and tambon to district (khet) and sub-district (khwaeng), respectively. Bang Kapi thus became a district of the newly combined province, having at that time 9 sub-districts.
- Ramkhamhaeng University
- National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA)
- Rattana Bundit University
- Assumption University
- Hua Mak Sports Complex (including Rajamangala Stadium)
- National Housing Authority
- Bangkapi School
- The Mall Ramkhamhaeng (many branches)
- The Mall Bangkapi
- Khlong Saen Saeb - Many piers for express boat service, including The Mall Bang Kapi.
The district is sub-divided into two sub-districts (Khwaeng).
The District Council for Bang Kapi has eight members, who each serve four-year terms. Elections were last held on 30 April 2006. The results were as follows:
|This section requires expansion. (February 2013)|
- "Map & Location." Niva International School. Retrieved on February 27, 2013. "18 Soi Phokaew 3 Yeak 9, Ladphrao 101, Klongchan, Bangkapi, Bangkok 10240, Thailand"
- "Contact Us." Ramkhamhaeng Advent International School. Retrieved on 7 March 2013. "Ramkhamhaeng Advent International School 1 Soi Ramkhamhaeng 119, Sukhapibal 3, Huamark, Bangkapi, Bangkok 10240"
- "Traill International School." Traill International School, Bangkok. Retrieved on 6 March 2013. "Address: 43 Soi 16, Ramkhamhaeng Rd., Hua Mak, Bang Kapi, Bangkok 10240 Thailand"