Bangalore–Mysore Infrastructure Corridor
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011)|
|Bangalore–Mysore Infrastructure Corridor|
|Maintained by NICE|
|Length:||111 km (69 mi)|
The Bangalore–Mysore Infrastructure Corridor (BMIC) also called NICE road is a proposed 4 to 6 lane private tolled expressway that intends to connect the two important cities of Bangalore and Mysore in the Indian state of Karnataka. This is being constructed by Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises (NICE) chaired by Ashok Kheny on Build-Own-Operate-Transfer (BOOT) basis.
In conjunction with a 1995 Trade Mission to India sponsored by the then Governor of Massachusetts, William Weld, a memorandum of understanding was signed by Consortium members, Indian officials, including then Karnataka Chief Minister, H.D.Deve Gowda, and U.S. officials, which set the stage for launching the Bangalore Mysore Infrastructure Corridor project. The Consortium, Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises (NICE), comprises the Kalyani Group of Companies, VHB International LTD. and SAB International LTD. to develop the Bangalore Mysore Infrastructure Corridor.
The project has been in controversies since the day of planning. The project was suspended temporarily when H. D. Deve Gowda, and H. D. Kumaraswamy, of the Janata Dal, came to power in Karnataka. Deve Gowda alleged that this project is the country's biggest fraud and needs to be stopped.
Mysore, Srirangapatanam, Pandavapura, Mandya, Maddur, Channapatana, Ram Nagar, Bidadi, Kengeri, Bangalore
- Expressway (India)
- Infrastructure in Bangalore
- Outer Ring Road (Bangalore)
- Hosur Road Elevated Expressway
- Bangalore Mysore Infrastructure Corridor Area Planning Authority
- Special Correspondent, The Hindu (Dec 21, 2008). "BMIC is country’s biggest fraud: Deve Gowda". The Hindu. p. 1. Retrieved 2009-03-04.
- Chaturvedi, Amit (2012-10-25). "Mysore infrastructure corridor project: Probe ordered against former Karnataka chief ministers". Bangalore. NDTV. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bangalore–Mysore Infrastructure Corridor.|