Bangalore Central (Lok Sabha constituency)
Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore falls under this constituency
|Current MP||P. C. Mohan|
|Assembly Constituencies||Sarvagnanagar, C.V. Raman Nagar, Shivajinagar , Shanti Nagar, Gandhi Nagar, Rajaji Nagar, Chamrajpet and Mahadevapura|
Bangalore Central Lok Sabha constituency (Kannada: ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಲೋಕ ಸಭೆ ಚುನಾವಣಾ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರ) is one of the 28 Lok Sabha constituencies in Karnataka state in southern India. The "Bangalore Central" is a newly made Lok Sabha constituency during the 2009 Lok sabha elections. It was part of Bangalore North and Bangalore South constituencies till 2009.
Member of Parliament
|2009||P. C. Mohan||BJP||3,40,162||40.16|
|2014||P. C. Mohan||BJP|
Assembly segments and Serving MLAs
|Constituency number||Name||Current MLA||Party||Reserved for (SC/ ST/None)||District|
|161||C.V. Raman Nagar||S. Raghu||BJP||SC||Bangalore Urban|
|162||Shivajinagar||R.Roshan Baig||INC||None||Bangalore Urban|
|163||Shanti Nagar||Nalapad Ahmed Haris||INC||None||Bangalore Urban|
|164||Gandhi Nagar||Dinesh Gundu Rao||INC||None||Bangalore Urban|
|165||Rajaji Nagar||S.Suresh Kumar||BJP||None||Bangalore Urban|
|168||Chamrajpet||B.Z.Zameer Ahmed Khan||JDS||None||Bangalore Urban|
|174||Mahadevapura||Aravind Limbavali||BJP||SC||Bangalore Urban|
Election Date: 17-April-2014 (Thursday)
Election Result: 16-May-2014 (Friday)
Candidates of Recognized National and State Political Parties
- Nandini Alva - Janata Dal (Secular)
- P. C. Mohan - Bharatiya Janata Party
- Rizwan Arshad - Indian National Congress
- R. Mohan Raju - Bahujan Samaj Party
Candidates of Registered Parties (other than Recognized National and State Political Parties)
- Ismail Khan Saif Ali - All India Trinamool Congress
- Zaheeda Shreen - Socialist Unity Centre of India (Communist)
- V. Balakrishnan - Aam Aadmi Party
- Budayya .B. Pujeri - Karunaadu Party
- H.L. Manjunath - Kannada Chalavali Vatal Paksha
- Kadugudi Sonnappa - Republican Party of India (Athvale)
- Ambrose D'Mello - Independent
- Dhananjaya. H.H. - Independent
- G. Narayanaswamy (Kapali) - Independent
- B.K. Naryanaswamy - Independent
- Modi Saif - Independent
As per Election Commission Report 2009, in the constituency there were 19,01,346 electorates out of which 911,444 are females and 989,902 male. Total voter turnout was 8,46,982 (44.55%). Total 37 candidates contested the election. P. C. Mohan from BJP won by a margin of 35,218 votes.
|Indian general elections, 2009: Bangalore Central|
|BJP||P. C. Mohan||3,40,162||40.16|
|INC||H. T. Sangliana||3,04,944||36.00|
|JD(S)||B. Z. Zameer Ahmed Khan||1,62,552||19.19|
|BSP||Vijay Raja Singh||6,363||0.75|
|BJP gain from INC||Swing|
General Election 2014
|Indian general election, 2014: Bangalore Central|
|BJP||P. C. Mohan||5,57,130|
Panchayats & Municipalities in Bangalore Central Lok Sabha constituency
Municipality: Yelahanka Type: Municipality Taluk: Bangalore North District: Bangalore Urban State: Karnataka Assembly: Rajaji Nagar Loksabha: Bangalore Central State: Karnataka Website: Yelahanka website.
- Satish Kumar, B. S. (22 March 2009). "It is a study in contrasts constituency watch". The Hindu. Retrieved 7 February 2011.
- PDF Form 7A, List of Contesting Candidates, Karnataka General Election 2014.
- 2014 Poll Schedule - NDTV
- PDF Election Commission Report, Karnataka General Election 2009.
- "Constituencywise-All Candidates". ECI.