Bangalore City Traffic Police
|Bangalore City Traffic Police|
|Legal personality||Governmental: Government agency|
|Operations jurisdiction*||Police area of Bangalore, India|
|Map of Bangalore City Traffic Police's jurisdiction.|
|Size||City of Bangalore|
|Agency executive||B. Dayananda, I.P.S,, Additional Commissioner of Police (Traffic), Bangalore City|
|Parent agency||Bangalore City Police|
|* Police area agency: Prescribed geographic area in the country, over which the agency has usual operational jurisdiction.|
The Bangalore City Traffic Police (Generally known as BTP) is a specialized unit of the Bangalore City Police responsible for overseeing and enforcing traffic safety compliance on city roads as well as managing the flow of traffic in the city of Bangalore, Karnataka.        
As on October 2014, the BTP employed 2684 full-time personnel. This included 1309 Police Constables (PCs), 825 Head Constables (HCs), 303 Assistant Sub-Inspectors (ASIs), 191 Police Sub-Inspectors (PSIs) 45 Police Inspectors (PIs). This number excludes 9 Assistant Commissioner of Polices (ACPs), 2 Deputy Commissioner of Polices (DCPs), and 1 Additional Commissioner of Police, Traffic (Addl.C.P) 
The Commissioner of Police is the overall operational leader of the force, but the Force is normally managed by the Additional Commissioner of Police on behalf of the Commissioner.
A few informal names and abbreviations exist for the Bangalore Traffic Police, the most common being the BTP. Within the city, it is simply known as the Traffic Police.
The BTP's headquarters is located at #05, Infantry road, near Indian Express building. 
Although the City Police system was successfully established a century ago, a traffic wing became necessary in 1930. Then Inspector General Hamilton is responsible for the formation of Traffic Police Wing in Bengaluru. The first Headquarters was at Halasur Gate Outer Station with a sanctioned strength of 2 European Constables, 7 Duffedars, 2 Constables, 12 Writers, and 37 duty officers.
- Bangalore: Now, BlackBerry to assist cops smoothen traffic - Indian Express
- Think twice before you take on traffic cops - The New Indian Express
- Karnataka budget: ‘Video wall’ for traffic police - Bangalore - DNA
- Visit To Bangalore's Traffic Management Center | Praja
- Fasten your seat belts from Feb 1 - Times Of India
- The Hindu : Cities / Bangalore : Bangalore traffic police get new alcometers
- Downed one for the road? The traffic police may just pardon you - Bangalore - DNA
- The Hindu : NATIONAL / KARNATAKA : Traffic police did ‘fine’ on B-TRAC project
- Citizen Matters, Bangalore: 'Most policemen are not trained in traffic management'
- Bangalore City Traffic Police
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bangalore City Police.|