|Traded as||SET: BBL|
|Founded||Thailand (1 December 1944 )|
|Headquarters||333 Silom Road, Bang Rak, Bangkok, Thailand|
Number of locations
|1,000+ branches, 8,600+ ATMs and CDMs (2012)|
|Chartsiri Sophonpanich (President)|
|Revenue||THB 134.69 billion (2013)|
|THB 35.90 billion (2013)|
|Total assets||THB 2,596.50 billion (2013)|
|Total equity||THB 295.93 billion (2013)|
Number of employees
Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited (Thai: ธนาคารกรุงเทพ, RTGS: Thanakhan Krung Thep), is a Thai commercial bank, with approximately US$78 billion in total assets (as of 31 Dec 2013). Its branch network includes over 1,000 branches within Thailand, with 26 international branches or representative offices in 13 economies, spanning ASEAN and major economic countries, including wholly owned subsidiaries in Malaysia and China. Bangkok Bank also has branches in London and New York to complement its extensive network in Southeast Asia.
Bangkok Bank was established in 1944. With more than 18 million accounts, it is Thailand's largest bank, and one of the largest regional banks in Southeast Asia.
The bank is a publicly listed company and among the top five companies in terms of size listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand. Its headquarters are at 333 Silom Road in the Bang Rak district of Bangkok. The company's current president is Chartsiri Sophonpanich, the grandson of its founder and former president Chin Sophonpanich and the son of former president Chatri Sophonpanich. Bangkok Bank's executive chairman is Kosit Panpiemras.
Bangkok Bank has a full range of business, investment banking, and personal banking services. It is one of the most active global traders of Thai baht and baht-denominated bonds. The bank trades in all major currencies as well as a large number of regional currencies. Other services include same day transactions in import and export bills, inward and outward remittances, swaps, options, and forward contracts and trading in the primary and secondary markets for government bonds and corporate debentures.
The SWIFT code for Bangkok Bank is BKKBTHBK.
Bangkok Bank currently has the largest overseas branch network, in 13 countries, of any Thai bank, including wholly owned subsidiaries in Malaysia, China, and a representative office in Myanmar.
Presidents of Bangkok Bank since its founding are:
- Luang Roprukit, 1944–1952
- Chin Sophonpanich, 1952–1977
- Boonchu Rojanastien, 1977–1980
- Chatri Sophonpanich, 1980–1992
- Vichit Suraphongchai, 1992–1994
- Chartsiri Sophonpanich, 1994–present
Media related to Bangkok Bank at Wikimedia Commons
- Bangkok Bank (2011). 2010 Annual Registration Statement Form 56-1. Retrieved 17 November 2011.
- Bangkok Bank (2013). Annual Report 2012. Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- Stock Exchange of Thailand. "Company Profile". Retrieved 18 November 2011.
- "Annual Report 2013". Bangkok Bank PCL. Retrieved 2015-01-03.
- "Bangkok Bank to open its 26th international network; Surabaya sub-branch, the bank's second branch in Indonesia". Bangkok Bank media release. 28 March 2012. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "A Tribute to a King". Leaders Magazine (Bangkok) 29 (4): 137–138. October 2006. Archived from the original on 29 December 2010. Retrieved 24 January 2011.