Bangladesh Fire Service & Civil Defense
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (April 2013)|
Fire Service and Civil Defence is a department working for all kind of rescue missions in Bangladesh including fire safety, safety during air raids and any kind of disaster. Emergency hotline for fire service is 1-9-9.
In 1982, "Fire Service", the fire defence agency and "Civil Defence", the unarmed warning and rescue force and the general rescue force, was amalgamated into Bangladesh Fire Service & Civil Defence.
Chain of Command
- Director General
- Deputy Director/Principal/Project Director
- Assistant Director/ Vice Principal
- Deputy Assistant Director/Instructor/ Senior Staff officer/PO/Adjutant
- Senior Station Officer/ Asst Instructor
- Warehouse Inspector
- Station Officer/ Staff officer/ Junior Instructor/ Physical Trainer
- Sub Officer
- Fireman/ Nurse/ Driver/ Operator
There are nearly 6,500 people working in the FS & CD, Bangladesh. There is one DG having the equality of Brig. General. Also have three posts for directors, nine Deputy Directors, more than 20 Asst Directors and 80 DADs.
There are more than 200 stations, some first class having a Senior Station officer, more manpower and cars, the rest are second class having a station officer and less manpower. There are only 5 river stations in a country where flows 230 rivers.