Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir
Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir (Bengali: বাংলাদেশ ইসলামী ছাত্রশিবির) Which means Bangladesh Islamic Students Camp is a political students organization in Bangladesh. Islami Chhatra Shibir, serves as the youth wing of the Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami. It is a member of the International Islamic Federation of Student Organizations and the World Assembly of Muslim Youth.
Chhatra Shibir was established in February 6, 1977, in Dhaka University central mosque. According to their principle they have a mission, "To satisfy Allah through the rearrangement of the total life of human being in the way given by Allah and shown by the Muhammad". It was known as Pakistan Islami Chattra Shangha. before the Liberation war of Bangladesh
In 1971 this party was known as Pakistan Islami Chattra Shangha, members of which led the formation of Al-Badr that involved in the 1971 killing of bengali intellectuals and some of them have already been convicted and executed by International Crimes Tribunal. Activists of this organization extort money from the students of many educational institutions, hostel residents and traders of neighbouring areas in the name of Baitul Mal (party fund). Activists of Shibir also pressure the students to sign the supporter's document (form) of the organization as well as join the organisation. This student group is also involved in violent clashes with other student groups, is extremely militant and has been linked to numerous acts of violence. The group has also been linked to a number of larger terrorist organizations both in Bangladesh, and internationally.
- "Islami Chhatra Shibir (ICS) , South Asia Terrorism Portal". Satp.org. 2001-01-13. Retrieved 2013-12-17.
- "Islami Chhatra Shibir | Terrorist Groups | TRAC". Trackingterrorism.org. Retrieved 2013-12-17.
- The Hindu
- "Kamaruzzaman led Razakar, Al-Badr and Al-Shams: witness". Newagebd.com. Retrieved 2013-12-17.
- Tuhin Shubhra Adhikary. "Key man of Al-Badr". Thedailystar.net. Retrieved 2013-12-17.
- "Mirpur butcher Molla must die, says SC". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 2013-12-17.
- "Mojaheed indicted for genocide, crimes against humanity". Newagebd.com. Retrieved 2013-12-17.
- New Age
- The Daily Star
- "Islami Chhatra Shibir". Priyo News. Retrieved 6 January 2013.
- "Terrorist Organization Profile: Islami Chhatra Shibir (ICS)". National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- Bangladesh Chhatra League
- 1971 killing of Bengali intellectuals
- 1971 Bangladesh atrocities
- Bangladesh Nationalist Party
- Bangladesh Awami League