Bangladesh Premier League
|Bangladesh Premier League|
Logo of the Bangladesh Premier League
|Tournament format||Double round-robin and knockout|
|Number of teams||7|
|Current champion||Dhaka Gladiators|
|Most successful||Dhaka Gladiators (2 titles)|
|Most runs||Hodge, BradBrad Hodge (756)|
|Most wickets||Enamul Haque Jr. (31)|
The Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) (Bengali:বাংলাদেশ প্রিমিয়ার লীগ) is a professional domestic Twenty20 cricket tournament in Bangladesh which was established in 2012. The Bangladesh Premier League replaced the previous competition, the National Cricket League Twenty20, and features city-based franchises instead of the divisional teams which had participated previously and continue to do so in other domestic competitions. BPL 3 might take place in November.
The inaugural season of the tournament started on 9 February 2012 with an opening ceremony with the first match starting on 10 February, and finished with the final on 29 February 2012. A total of 33 matches were scheduled, all of which were be played at two stadiums, Sher-e-Bangla Cricket Stadium in Dhaka and Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chittagong. Each team played each team twice, both at home and away in a round-robin system. The top four teams at the end of the round robin stage progressed to the knockout stage. Sylhet and Chittagong failed to progress to the semi finals. Rajshahi, Khulna, Dhaka and Barishal reached semi finals. Afterwards, Dhaka took the champions trophy beating Barisal in final.
The second season of the tournament began on 18 January 2013, with the opening ceremony taking place in 17 January, while the player auction player's auction took place on 20 December 2012. Dhaka Gladiators again emerged as champions beating Chittagong Kings in the final by 43 runs. Sher-e-Bangla Cricket Stadium in Dhaka hosted most matches while the MA Aziz Stadium replaced the Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chittagong and Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium in Khulna hosted matches of the tournament for the time in 2013. Unlike the first season, there were no icon players and the players taking part in the player's auction were divided into four categories, as opposed to the two categories in the first season.
The 7 divisional cities were chosen as the franchise teams to participate in the tournament. In the first season of BPL, 6 divisions were chosen among 7, with the exception of Rangpur. The minimum bidding price for each franchise was $1 million. The franchise owners are now in possession of the franchise for six years and can only sell it after three years. Rangpur Riders was the seventh team to enter the tournament, making its debut in 2013 Bangladesh Premier League. 
|Barisal Burners||Barisal||Alif Group Bangladesh||US$3.01 million||Brad Hodge||Sarwar Imran|
|Chittagong Kings||Chittagong||SQ Sports||US$5.20 million||Mahmudullah||Khaled Mahmud|
|Dhaka Gladiators||Dhaka||Europa Group||US$5.05 million||Mashrafe Mortaza||Ian Pont|
|Duronto Rajshahi||Rajshahi||Digital Auto Care||US$2.07 million||Tamim Iqbal||Khaled Mashud|
|Khulna Royal Bengals||Khulna||Khan Brothers||US$1.10 million||Shahriar Nafees||Robin Singh|
|Sylhet Royals||Sylhet||Walton Group||US$5.06 million||Mushfiqur Rahim||Stuart Law|
|Rangpur Riders||Rangpur||I-Sports||US$ 3.01 million||Abdur Razzak||Saqlain Mushtaq|
There are five ways that a franchise can acquire a player. In the annual auction, buying domestic players, signing uncapped players, through trading and buying replacements. In the trading window players can only be traded with his consent. The franchise will have to pay the difference between the old contract price and the new contract price. If the new contract is worth more than the older one then the difference will be shared between the player and the franchise selling the player.
- Each team will consist of 18 players
- Maximum of 8 international players, up to 5 of which will be allowed to play in a match.
- Each team must contain at least one Associate player, reflecting on Bangladesh's own history as an Associate. A total of six Associate players have been signed, one each by the six franchises.
- On 20 February the organisers allowed for teams to purchase 2 extra foreign players and 2 local players.
|Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium||Dhaka Gladiators
144/2 (15.4 overs)
|Dhaka won by 8 wickets
140/7 (20 overs)
|Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium||Dhaka Gladiators
172/9 (20 overs)
|Dhaka won by 43 runs
129 (16.5 overs)
|Team||Span||Titles||Matches||Won||Lost||No Result||Win %||For (r/o)||Against (r/o)||Best||Worst|
|Barisal Burners||2013||0||16||7||9||0||43.75||1566 / 181.0||1572 / 185.3||Runners up||Sixth place|
|Chittagong Kings||2013||0||13||6||7||0||46.15||1423 / 189.2||1443 / 194.0||Runners up||Fifth place|
|Dhaka Gladiators||2013||2||15||10||5||0||66.66||1431 / 188.3||1448 / 196.1||Champions||Champions|
|Rangpur Riders||2013||0||3||2||1||0||66.66||-||–||Fifth place||-|
|Khulna Royal Bengals||2013||0||14||6||8||0||42.85||1524 / 194.0||1392 / 192.0||Third place||Seventh place|
|Duronto Rajshahi||2013||0||14||8||6||0||57.14||1445 / 190.0||1472 / 196.3||Fourth place||Fourth place|
|Sylhet Royals||2013||0||13||5||8||0||38.46||1420 / 196.3||1482 / 175.1||Third place||Sixth place|
Television rights and sponsorships
Channel 9 Bangladesh is the official broadcaster.
- Most runs in an innings: 217/4, Dhaka Gladiators v Rangpur Riders, 5 February 2013.
- Lowest total in an innings: 67, Khulna Royal Bengals v Chittagong Kings, 7 February 2013.
- Largest victories:
- Smallest victories:
- Most runs in an innings: 116, Chris Gayle for Barisal Burners v Dhaka Gladiators, 14 February 2012.
- Most runs in a tournament: 486, Ahmed Shehzad (Barisal Burners), 2012
- Best bowling figure in an innings: 5/6 (3.2 Overs), Mohammad Sami for Duronto Rajshahi v Dhaka Gladiators, 27 February 2012
- Most wickets in a tournament: 31, Enamul Haque Jr. for (Chittagong Kings)
- BPL T20 launches in February 2012 BPL Website. Retrieved 13 January 2012
-  BPL WEBSITE
- "BPL 2013 to kick off on January 17". Cricinfo. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- "BPL 2 from Jan 17". The Daily Star. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- "BPL to brand Bangladesh". The Daily Star.
- "Rangpur 7th BPL team". The Daily Star. 16 December 2012. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- "Flora snaps up Rangpur Riders at secret auction". The New Age. 16 December 2012. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- "Chittagong priciest at $1.2m". The Daily Star. Retrieved 11 January 2012.
- Associate players eyeing BPL platform | ESPN Cricinfo
- "TV Channels Broadcasting BPL T20 2013 Live on TV". CricNcric.com. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- "Bangladesh Premier League / Records / Highest totals". Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- "Bangladesh Premier League / Records / Lowest totals". Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- "Bangladesh Premier League / Records / Largest victories". Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- "Bangladesh Premier League / Records / Smallest victories". Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Bangladesh Premier League / Records / High scores". Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- "Bangladesh Premier League / Records / Most runs in a series". Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- "Bangladesh Premier League / Records / Best bowling figures in an innings". Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- "Bangladesh Premier League / Records / Most wickets". Retrieved 27 February 2012.