|Headquarters||Silver Tower (18th Floor), 52 Gulshan Avenue, Circle-1, Dhaka-1212|
Major (Retd.) Abdul Mannan, ChairmanTanzila Mannan, President
Banglalion Communications Ltd is a private limited company incorporated in Bangladesh on 5 Nov 2008 under the Companies Act, 1994. Banglalion Communications Ltd (Banglalion) is the largest 4G Wireless Broadband operator in Bangladesh which is using WiMAX technology at present and obtained nationwide license from BTRC to provide Broadband Wireless Access services. Banglalion license covers Data, Voice and Video. Banglalion now covers 7 divisional headquarters and 30 major districts of Bangladesh and expanding rapidly with a goal to cover the whole country by the end of 2012. Banglalion is currently the largest 4G network of Bangladesh in terms of coverage, subscriber number and revenue.
Products and services
Banglalion offers both Postpaid and Prepaid packages for it's users. These packages come in different bandwidth and speed limits. Currently, Banglalion along with Qubee, is the highest speed and bandwidth provider in Bangladesh.
As of January 2013, Banglalion offers 15 different postpaid internet packages. The 15 packages include 2 Student Plans (256 kbit/s), 5 Safari Plans (512 kbit/s), 4 Voyage Plans (1 Mbit/s) and 4 Expedition Plans (2 Mbit/s).
Banglalion packages come with four different data bundles for the packages mentioned above. They are; 7 GB, 14 GB, 25 GB and unlimited data (called "KING"). The 512 kbit/s package also has a 4.5 GB bundle which other packages don't have. But student plans are a separate type of postpaid plan. These plans are called Campus Lion 6 & Campus Lion 9 and they offer 6 GB & 9 GB bandwidth respectively.
As of January 2013, Banglalion offers 3 different prepaid internet packages. These packages differ from one another solely because of their speed. The 3 prepaid plans include speed limits of 256 kbit/s, 512 kbit/s & 1 Mbit/s. The customer has the option of buying scratch cards to get data volume. Prepaid plans are by far the easiest internet plans. Because of their easy and fast usability, more people tend to buy prepiad plans over postpaid ones. Nevertheless, 2 Mbit/s can only be obtained in postpaid plans, so it is a downside to prepaid plans. 2.5 GB package at tk400.
Recharge and bill pay
Banglalion has 6 different methods for recharging a Banglalion prepaid or postpaid package. These 6 methods are to ease the user in paying his bills or recharging. These methods include:
- Paying at WiMAX plaza: Banglalion has several WiMAX plaza across Bangladesh. Users can visit their nearest plaza and pay the bill there. This option of payment is more appropriate for postpaid users.
- Smart pay card: Banglalion has different scratch cards that are sold almost everywhere in Bangladesh. These scratch cards include a serial number and a pin code. The pin code needs to be scratched to be seen. The user can then visit the online payemtn system and type the two codes in his/her recharge page. This system is very similar to cell phone recharge cards.
- Online card (Paypoint): Paypont is an online Banglalion payment system. It takes in the information regarding what type of card is needed and then takes the money from the user's bank account. However, no extra charge is added by Paypont of the banks.
- Online card (Easy): Easy is an online payment system that can also pay Banglalion bills. User can select what type of card they want and then Easy will take theme through the rest of the process. Similar to Paypoint, Easy also obtains the money from the user's bank account. But no extra charge is added by Easy or the banks what-so-ever.
- Paying through banks: Banglalion has bill payment available in 4 banks in Bangladesh; AB Bank, ONE Bank, NCC Bank and UCB.
- Paying through SMS: Banglalion bills can be paid from Robi Ortho (Bengali: রবি অর্থ). This requires a one-time signup. Users can then pay Banglalion bills with ease from his/her cellphone.
Banglalion currently covers 8 divisional cities Dhaka, Gazipur, Chittagong, Sylhet, Rajshahi, Khulna, Rangpur & Barisal. Major areas of Dhaka city is already under its strong network and hoping to spread throughout the entire country by the second quarter of 2013. Banglalion has already made a strong presence in Chittagong by covering most major areas in the city with about 20+ BTSs. Meantime, network rollout in other major cities such as: Munshiganj, Naraynganj, Mymensingh, Comilla, Noakhali, Laxmipur, Satkhira, Bogra, and Cox's Bazar have already begun.
Banglalion uses modem software and hardware from ZTE Corporation. ZTE Corporation (formerly Zhongxing Telecommunication Equipment Corporation) (SZSE: 000063; SEHK: 0763) is a Chinese multinational telecommunications equipment and systems company headquartered in Shenzhen, China.