Bani Gala is located in Islamabad at the eastern bank of Rawal Lake approximately 10 minutes drive from Islamabad Serena Hotel and Jinnah Convention Centre. The vicinity is full of rich scenic views.
The residential area of Bani Gala had remained controversial since its establishment in early 2000 as reportedly some localities were constructed on private land without permission. Moreover, Rawal Lake was being polluted because of construction activity in the nearby areas, commercial fishing and sewage discharge of Bani Gala and other nearby villages into it.
The locality became famous after the former head of the country's nuclear programme, Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan built his house there and since then the issue of "illegality" of the locality had been sidelined.
- Lakhwal Village - that falls on this road - has some residential houses but they have been constructed illegally 
- 15 minutes drive from Bani Gala is the main campus of COMSATS, the educational institution and University,
- Kinara restaurant is a recent development at Bani Gala which has turned into a beautiful hangout spot at Rawal Lake.
- Rawal Lake View Park has been planted with flowering trees and laid out with gardens, picnic spots, and secluded paths. The terraced garden and the lake are used for picnics, fishing and boating. The highest point in the garden offers a panoramic view of the lake, Margalla and Murree hills, Rawalpindi and Islamabad.
- The Korang Tributary is inviting for birds during their usual migrating patterns to/from North and South of Pakistan. This Siberian Bird Migration has several stops around Islamabad on the way to the hotter south.
- Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund (PPAF) is located in front of Capital Complex society in Bani Gala, Islamabad, and is spread over 4.5 acres and one of the largest non-governmental organisations working in the field of poverty eradication.
- Atif Aslam performed a live musical concert at Beaconhouse Mohranur Campus located in Bani Gala, Islamabad on 10 August 2010.
- A three members bench of the apex court, headed by Chief Justice of Pakistan Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry took suo motu notice over the letter, written by Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Chairman Imran Khan against the illegal occupation of state's land by Leader of the House in Senate Nayar Bukhari and his relatives.
- Islamabad Serena Hotel. Serenahotels.com.
- Jinnah Convention Centre, Islamabad – Islamabad. Wikimapia.org.
- Cabinet to decide fate of Bani Gala project -DAWN – National; 9 April 2004. Archives.dawn.com (9 April 2004).
- Shahid, Jamal (12 April 2012). "CDA realised too late National park land under dispute". Dawn.com. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- Hussain, Majid (11 November 2009). "Siberian bird migration to Pakistan". Demotix. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- Imran Khan's Residence – Islamabad. Wikimapia.org.
- Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund. Ppaf.org.pk.
- [dead link]
- Leading News Resource of Pakistan. Daily Times (12 January 2011).