From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up bank in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A bank is a financial institution and a financial intermediary that accepts deposits and channels those deposits into lending activities.
Bank or The Bank or Banking may also refer to:
Biology and medicine
Film and television
- Bank (geography), a raised portion of seabed or sloping ground along the edge of a stream, river, or lake
- Ocean bank (topography), a shallow area in a body of water
Organizations and brands
- BANK (art collective), a 1990s London art collective
- Bank (tobacco), a brand of rolling tobacco
- Bank Street College of Education, a private graduate school for Early Childhood Education, in New York, NY, U.S.
- Bank (diaper bank), organizations created for the purpose of distributing free diapers to parents and caregivers unable to afford diapers.
- Bank Station (OC Transpo), a bus stop in Ottawa
- Bank Street (Ottawa), Ontario, Canada
- Bank–Monument station, a tube station in London
- Bankə, Azerbaijan
- Promysel Narimanova or Bank, Azerbaijan
- Bank, Iran, city in Bushehr Province, Iran
- Bank, County Tyrone, a townland in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland
- See below Transportation engineering and aviation's banked turn
- See disambiguation Embankment (disambiguation)
- Bank shot, a type of shot in basketball
- Bank shot, a type of shot in cue sports
- Citizens Bank Park or The Bank, a baseball stadium in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.
Transportation engineering, and aviation
- Bank engine, a railway locomotive attached to the rear of a train, usually to add haulage power over a short distance
- Bank or roll, in aircraft flight dynamics, a rotation of the vehicle about its longitudinal axis
- Banked turn, a change of direction in which a vehicle inclines
- Bank (surname)
- Bank paper, thin paper
- Cylinder bank, a single row of cylinders in an internal combustion engine
- Data bank, a storage area for information in telecommunications
- Environmental mitigation or mitigation banking, government-regulated environmental offset projects
- Memory bank, a logical unit of storage
- Piggy bank, a device for money saving
- Banker (disambiguation)
- Banks (disambiguation)
- Cache (disambiguation)
- Embankment (disambiguation)
- Phone bank (disambiguation)
- Storage (disambiguation)
- Vəng (disambiguation), several places in Azerbaijan
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.