Customer Is Essence of the Bank
|Traded as||TSE: BPAS1
|Industry||Banking, Financial services|
|Founded||14 December 2005|
No. 430 Mirdamad BoulevardTehran, Iran
|Number of locations||330 banches across Iran |
Majid Ghasemi, (CEO)
|Revenue||IRR 47,604,399 million (2012)|
|Net income||IRR 9,522,010 million (2012)|
|Total assets||IRR 234,200,721 million (2012)|
|Total equity||IRR 45,166,334 million (2012)|
Bank Pasargad (Persian: بانک پاسارگاد), also known as BPI, is a major Iranian banking establishment offering retail, commercial and investment banking services. The company was established in 2005 as a part of the government's privatization of the banking system. While established in Tehran, the bank operates throughout the nation with 3251 employees and 297branches. BPI is listed under the Tehran Stock Exchange. In 2006, The bank had an initial capital assessment of $250 million. In 2009, the bank funded and established an art gallery in Tehran. In 2012, The Banker magazine rated BPI as among the top "1000 banks in the world", ranking 266th overall. The Bank is also on The Banker's list of the top 500 Islamic financial institutions.
BPI operates as a private bank in Iran. In addition to offering short and fixed deposit accounts for domestic and overseas clients, the bank also provides letters of credit, treasury, currency exchange, corporate loans syndication, financial advisory and electronic banking services.
Pars Aryan Investment Company is currently the largest shareholder of the company. However, the bank holds about 33,899 other shareholders as of March 2009. Pars Arian Group is the major shareholder of Pasargad Financial Group (includes bank, insurance, leasing, exchange bureau and several other financial institutions). According to the management of the group, Pars Arian is now the largest financial conglomerate in Iran.
|Ratio||Quantity (March 2012)|
|Capital Adequacy Ratio (CAR)||24.71%|
|Return on assets (ROA)||4.91%|
|Return on equity (ROE)||27.1%|
|Earnings Per Share (EPS)||IRR 360.85|
|Price–earnings ratio (P/E)||5.1|
- Majid Ghasemi - President and CEO 2005–present
- "Annual Report 2008/2009". Bank Pasargad.
- "Bank Pasargad Annual Report 2011/2012 - :: Pasargad Bank ::". En.bpi.ir. Retrieved 2012-03-20.
- "History of Bank Pasargad - :: Pasargad Bank ::". En.bpi.ir. Retrieved 2012-07-08.
- "Private bank sets up art museum in Tehran". tehran times. Retrieved 2012-07-08.
- "The Banker's Top 1000 Global Banks, Ranking 2012". The banker (Financial Times) 162 (1038): 113. 2012.
- [dead link]
- "Market Overview". Iran Investment Monthly 4 (50): 3. November 2010.