Banks County High School
|Banks County High School|
|1486-A Historic Homer Highway
Homer, Georgia, Banks, 30547
|School district||Banks County School District|
|Principal||Dr. Joseph Goodroe |
|Vice principal||Christine Bray
Dr. Faith Simpson
|Teaching staff||54 FTE|
|Grades||9 - 12|
|Average class size||30|
|Student to teacher ratio||18:1|
|Slogan||"Seize the Opportunity to Win the Day."|
|Athletics||Wrestling, Football, Track, Cross Country, Tennis, Golf, Basketball, Chess Club, Soccer, and Academic Team.|
Banks County High School students can participate in many extracurricular activities including men's and women's sports and many clubs. One of the largest clubs is the Banks County chapter of the National FFA Organization. The FFA organization teaches students about various Career Development Events (CDEs), including electrical safety, in which a Banks County student won a state competition in 2014.
- "Free US Geocoder". Retrieved 2010-05-19.
- Crumley, Katie (26 July 2012). "New principal named for Banks Co. High School". Access Insider - Access North Georgia. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- Hart, Jeff (6 October 2010). "Banks County coach back home after scare". Access North Georgia. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- "school-stats.com". Retrieved 2010-05-30.
- "Agricultural Education". National FFA Organization. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- Staff (5 March 2014). "Banks Co. student wins top honors in state EMC/FFA competition". Access North Georgia. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
|This school-related article concerning the U.S. state of Georgia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|