Bankura (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|— Vidhan Sabha constituency —|
|Lok Sabha constituency||36. Bankura|
|Electorate (year)||172,154 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 252 Bankura (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Bankura municipality; Bankura I community development block; and Janbedia, Mankanali and Purandarpur gram panchayats of Bankura II community development block.
Election results 
By-election 2012 
In 2012 , a by-election was necessitated by the death of sitting Trinamool Congress MLA Kashinath Misra . Minati Misra of Trinamool Congress defeated her nearest rival Nilanjan Dasgupta of CPI(M) by 15,138 votes.
|West Bengal assembly elections, 2011: Bankura |
|Trinamool Congress||Kashinath Mishra||93,835||53.93||+9.62#|
|Independent||Swapan Kumar Mondal||3,112|
|Independent||Bijoy Chandra Mondal||1,789|
|Independent||Bhakta Ranjan Nayak||1,281|
|Trinamool Congress gain from CPI(M)||Swing||17.87#|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||1||1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||3||7|
|Revolutionary Socialist Party||0||1|
|Communist Party of India||0||1|
Note: New constituency – 1, constituencies abolished – 2 (See template talk page for details)
In the 2006 state assembly elections, Partha De of CPI(M) won the Bankura assembly seat defeating his nearest rival Kashinath Mishra of Trinamool Congress. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Kashinath Mishra of Trinamool Congress defeated Partha De of CPI(M) in 2001. Partha De of CPI(M) defeated Asis Chakraborty of Congress in 1996, and Kashinath Mishra of Congress in 1991 and 1987. Kashinath Mishra of Congress defeated Partha De of CPI(M) in 1982. Partha De of CPI(M) defeated Anandi Kundu of Janata Party in 1977.
Kashinath Mishra of Congress won in 1972 and 1971. Bireshwar Ghosh of CPI won in 1969. S.Mitra of Congress won in 1967. Aboni Bhattacharya of CPI won in 1962. Bankura had a dual seat in 1957. It was won by Sishuram Mandal and Anath Bandhu Roy, both of Congress. Rakhahari Chatterjee of Hindu Mahasabha won in independent India’s first election in 1952.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006". Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2011-04-03.
- "Trinamul wins bypolls but edge thins". The Telegraph, 16 June 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-16.
- "Bankura". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-22.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Bankura. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Bankura. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "251 - Bankura Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-03.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-03.