Bankura Unnayani Institute of Engineering
|Bankura Unayani Institute of Engineering|
|Motto||'In Pursuit of Knowledge and Excellence'|
|Principal||Dr. Ashok Kr Majumdar|
|Location||Bankura, West Bengal, India|
|Campus||9.625 acres (college); 31 acres (hostel)|
|Approvals||AICTE and Department of Higher Education,Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India and Directorate of Higher Education, government of West Bengal.|
|Affiliations||West Bengal University of Technology|
The Bankura Unnayani Institute of Engineering (BUIE) is a Semi Government and Government aided institute located in Bankura, West Bengal, India. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Engineering and Technology. Jyoti Basu, the then Chief Minister, Government of West Bengal inaugurated the institute on 19 September 1998. Its academic curriculum started in 1998,importantly much before the West Bengal University of Technology forms.
Bankura Unnayani Institute of Engineering started its journey on 19 September 1998. It was inaugurated and started its academic curriculam by Jyoti Basu, the then Chief Minister, Government of West Bengal.Initially, after starting it was under Burdwan University from the academic year 1998-99 to 2000-01. At that time, there were three engineering colleges under the Burdwan University, namely,Regional Engineering College, Durgapur (presently National Institute of Technology, Durgapur), Asansol Engineering College and Bankura Unnayani Institute of Engineering.It was the first engineering college in Bankura district. After this it came under West Bengal University of Technology.The foundation stone of the residential campus was laid down by Prof.Shankar Sen,the then M.I.C., Department of Power, Non-conventional Energy and Science and Technology, Government of West Bengal and Prof.Partha De, the then M.I.C., Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of West Bengal and Chairman of the Institute,on 19 February 1999. Presently this institute selected by world bank, Govt. of India and Govt. of West Bengal for participation in the prestigious TechnicalEducation Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP), Phase II.
Accreditation and affiliation
Board of governors
- Chairman - Prof. Nihar Hazra.
- Secretary - Prof. Pratip Mukharjee
- Principal -Dr. Krishnendu Adhvaryu
- Members - Director of Technical Education, Government of West Bengal; Prof. N. K. Kolay, Regional Officer, E.R.C, All India council for Technical Education; Prof. P. B. Dutta Gupta Nominee, All India Council For Technical education; Jnan Shankar Mitra Chairman, Bankura District School Council; Prof. Biswanath Kayal Ex-Chairman, West Bengal School Service Commission (Western Region) Govt. of West Bengal;Shri Basudev Acharia Member of Parliament, Bankura; Smt. Susmita Bauri, Member of Parliament, Vishnupur, Bankura; Prof. Pratip Mukherjee Member Professor, Bankura Sammilani college; District Magistrate, Bankura; Prof. Nihar Hajra Rector, Bankura Unnayani Institute of Engineering; Subir Chatterjee Member, industrialist; Arun Poddar Member, industrialist.
The following undergraduate degree programmes are offered
- Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering(C.S.E)
- Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology(I.T)
- Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communications Engineering(E.C.E)
- Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Instrumentation(E.I.E)
- Bachelor of Technology in Electrical Engineering(E.E)
- Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Technology in VLSI & Microelectronics
- Master of Technology in Computer Science & Engineering
The duration of the above programs is four years except the Two year Master courses.
The number of anual seats allotted is based on the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination(85% of the total intake)conducted by the Central Selection Committee Engineering and Technology. Qualified candidates are taken through AIEEE/CET (state conducted test/university tests)/Association conducted test separately. Through AIEEE entrance(15% of the total intake).
BUIE has an annual intake of 496 students divided among the seven UG branches and Two PG branches as follows: UG Branches:-
- C.S.E: 60
- I.T: 60
- E.C.E: 120
- E.I.E: 60
- E.E: 60
- M.E: 60
- Civil: 60
PG Branches:- VLSI & Microelectronis: 18 Computer Science & Engg.: 18
The campuses of BUIE are located on a42-acre (170,000 m2) land adjacent to the municipal area of Bankura Town, the district headquarters of Bankura District. The institution has educational amenities such as lecture halls, library, laboratories and computing facilities. The college building of 23,500 sq ft (2,180 m2) is located on 9.625 acres (38,950 m2) of land. The academic sessions of the institute are held at the permanent institutional building.
Separate accommodations are available for men, women, and the faculty. There are two boys Hall of Residence to provide accommodation for 450 students at the residential campus of the Institute. The girls hostel accommodates 140 girls and part of Teachers' hostel accommodates 50 students. The Teachers Hostel accommodates faculties and Laboratory Assistants in eight flats. There is a guesthouse with six beds for guardians and ex-students.
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- West Bengal University of Technology (UTech)
- Asansol Engineering College
- "Recognition and Affiliation". Retrieved 28 December 2012.