Banner (country subdivision)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Banner, a type of administrative division, may refer to:
- Banner (Inner Mongolia), an administrative division of the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region in the People's Republic of China.
- Autonomous banner, an area associated with one or more ethnic minorities designated as autonomous within the People's Republic of China.
- Eight Banners, administrative divisions of China into which all Manchu families were placed.
- Bandon (Byzantine Empire), "banner", the lowest Byzantine administrative-cum-military unit
- Sanjak, literally "a banner, flag", the original first level subdivisions of the Ottoman Empire.
- Liwa, an Arabic term meaning "banner" as a type of administrative division.