Banner Township, Fulton County, Illinois
Location in Fulton County
Fulton County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||34.1 sq mi (88 km2)|
|• Land||28.5 sq mi (74 km2)|
|• Water||5.6 sq mi (15 km2) 16.42%|
|Elevation||495 ft (151 m)|
|• Density||13.1/sq mi (5.1/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0428633|
Banner Township is one of twenty-six townships in Fulton County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 373 and it contained 177 housing units. The township was known as Utica Township, then Monterey Township, before becoming Banner Township.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 34.1 square miles (88 km2), of which 28.5 square miles (74 km2) (or 83.58%) is land and 5.6 square miles (15 km2) (or 16.42%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Kings Hill (Settlement with school & burying ground)
- Mills point
- Copperas Creek landing
- Commerce Was an early village on the mouth of the copperas creek where it empties into the Illinois River. Just like Mills Point it never materalized & ceased to exist. It was platted in 1843 by Lyman B. Suydam.
The township contains these four cemeteries: Bybee, Kings Hill, Utica and Walnut.
- Pond Lily Lake
- Slim Lake
- Canton Union School District 66
- Illini Bluffs Community Unit School District 327
- Illinois' 17th congressional district
- State House District 91
- State Senate District 46
- "Banner Township, Fulton County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Canton Township||Orion Township||Timber Township, Peoria County|
|Buckheart Township||Spring Lake Township, Tazewell County|