|Traded as||SET: BANPU|
|Founded||May 16, 1983|
|Krirkkrai Jirapate (Chairman of the board)|
|Revenue||฿62,220 million (2010)|
|฿19,804 million (2010)|
|Total assets||฿185,752 million (2010)|
|Total equity||฿61,984 million (2010)|
Banpu Public Company Limited is a mining and power company in Thailand. It has coal mining operations in Thailand, Indonesia and China, and coal-fired power generation operations in Thailand and China. Banpu plans also to invest in the Hong Sa lignite mine and power plant project in Laos.
In Thailand, Banpu operates coal mines in Lampang and Phayao provinces, and has stakes in BLCP, a 1,434 MW coal-fired power plant at Map Ta Phut, and in RATCH, a 3,645 MW power plant in Ratchaburi Province. It has also has five coal mines in Indonesia and two in China. Banpu agreed to buy Centennial Coal Co Ltd for USD 2 billion on Jul 05, 2010.
The Hongsa Lignite project was founded by and belonged to Thai-Lao Lignite Co., Ltd. and Hongsa Lignite (Lao PDR) Co., Ltd. pursuant to a concession from 1992-1994. In 2005, Banpu entered into a joint venture with TLL and HLL to develop the project but this agreement was terminated in 2006. A UNCITRAL arbitration found that the Lao government illegally terminated TLL's and HLL's concession (awarding it to Banpu) and ordered Laos to pay US$57 million in damages plus interest. Laos is refusing to pay the award despite its clear agreement with TLL and HLL, its government policy for international arbitration, and despite participating fully.
- "BANPU Company Summary". The Stock Exchange of Thailand. Retrieved 9 November 2011.
- "BANPU Public Company Limited". Stock Exchange of Thailand. Retrieved 2011-02-12.
- "Banpu Power seeks partner for Lao plant". The Nation. 2007-03-31. Retrieved 2008-03-09.
- Pisit Changplayngam (2008-02-29). "Thai Banpu raises '08 revenue forecast sharply". Reuters. Retrieved 2008-03-09.
- Amarendra Bhushan (2010-07-05). "Banpu Public Co. Buys Australia Centennial Coal Co. coal firm". ceoworld.
|This article about a company or corporation involved in the energy industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Thailand-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|