|Headquarters||4, rue Léon Laval, Leudelange|
Guy Hoffmann (Chairman of the board;
John Bour (Deputy chairman of the board);Jean-Louis Barbier (Board member);
|Products||Retail, private and corporate banking; insurance; investment management|
Number of employees
|550 ( 31.12.2013)|
Banque Raiffeisen is a Luxembourg banking and financial services company. Founded in 1926, it is one of the oldest banks in Luxembourg. The bank is independent from foreign shareholders. It is a member of the International Raiffeisen Union (IRU), which is an association of cooperatives based on the ideas of Friedrich Wilhelm Raiffeisen.
Since its creation in 1926, Raiffeisen Luxembourg has become the first independent cooperative bank in the Grand-Duchy, covering the entire national territory. In a small country as Luxembourg, mainly focused at that time of the bank's creation on rural activities, the cooperative system has rapidly known a successful development.
In 1970, The Luxembourg Raiffeisen network accounted 138 caisses across the country.
As of 2013, Banque Raiffeisen has about 50 sales points all over the country; 11 of them depending directly from the Bank, the others belonging to the 13 Caisses Raiffeisen controlled by the Bank.
Banque Raiffeisen has evolved from a rural union to a universal financial institution, covering retail activities but also specialising in business, private banking and wealth management.
In collaboration with other cooperative banks in Europe, namely Raiffeisen (Switzerland), Raiffeisen Zentralbank Austria, the Volksbanken und Raiffeisenbanken in Germany, Raiffeisen Südtirol in Italy, Crédit Mutuel in France and the OP-Pohjola Group in Finland Banque Raiffeisen organizes an annual art contest for young people between 4 and 18 years. In Luxembourg, the drawing contest is called Raiffeisen Molconcours.
Banque Raiffeisen organizes an annual conference on financial markets in collaboration with Vontobel.
Banque Raiffeisen supports various Luxembourgish charities including: Croix-Rouge , Ligue HMC, Fondation Cancer, SOS Villages d’enfants du Monde, SOS Faim and the FLEK – Fleegeelteren an hir Kanner,Lëtzebuerg.
Notes and references
- "Vontobel Cooperation Management". Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- "Molconcours". Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- "Banque Raiffeisen – conférence sur les marchés financiers". Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- "Foyer Assurances, Banque Raiffeisen et l’Entreprise des P&T remettent un chèque à la Croix-Rouge". Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- "Raiffeisen fait don de 25.000 euros à 5 associations caritatives". Retrieved 17 April 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Banque Raiffeisen.|
- Rudolf Maxeiner, Raiffeisen: Der Mann, die idee und das Werk, Deutscher Genossenschafts-Verlag ed.,1988
- André Bauler, Les fruits de la Souveraineté nationale, Caisse Centrale Raiffeisen, s.c. ed., ISBN 2-9599789-0-0, 2001