Bansenshukai (萬川集海, translated 'Sea of Myriad Rivers Merging') is a collection of ninja knowledge widely regarded[who?] as being written by Fujibayashi Sabuji, Fujibayashi Yasutake, or Fujibayashi Yasuyoshi. Written in 1676, it is a culmination of philosophy, military strategy, astrology, and weapons beliefs of the times.
The books include:
- One Volume of Introduction
- A Question and Answer Section
- A Table of Contents
- Two Volumes of Thought and Philosophy
- Four Volumes on Leadership
- Three Volumes on Yo
- Five Volumes on In
- Two Volumes on Astrology
- Five Volumes on Weapons
There are two versions:
- The Koga Version has twenty-two chapters bound in ten volumes, with an additional one volume attached to it.
- The Iga Version has twenty-two chapters bound in twelve volumes with an additional four chapters in four volumes attached to it.
After World War II, a limited number of hand written copies were offered to the public. A few of these copies are in some major national and university libraries. It has recently been re-translated in various languages including English, French, German, and Japanese.
- Bansenshukai. Ninjutsu.com. Accessed March 8th, 2012.
- Bansenshukai. Ninpo.org. Accessed March 8th, 2012.
- (fr) Bansenshûkai : le traité des dix mille rivières, Fujibayashi Yasutake, Axel Mazuer, Albin Michel, May 2013