The bantamweight division in mixed martial arts refers to a number of different weight classes:
- The King of the Cage bantamweight class with upper limit at 145 lb (65.8 kg)
- The UFC's bantamweight division with upper limit at 135 lb (61.2 kg)
- The Shooto bantamweight division, which suits competitors below 56 kg (123.5 lb)
- The Dream (defunct) bantamweight division, which limited competitors to 61 kg (134.5 lb)
Ambiguity and clarification
For the sake of uniformity, many American mixed martial arts websites refer to competitors between 126 and 135 lb (57 and 61 kg) as bantamweights, This encompasses both the Shooto Featherweight division (132 lb / 60 kg) and the King of the Cage Flyweight division (135 lb / 61 kg). The UFC uses the Nevada definition of "bantamweight".
Prior to UFC 31, 150-pound (68 kg) fighters were known as bantamweights in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. After which, the weight limit was raised to 155 lb (70 kg), and the division became reinstated as the lightweight class.
This table is not always up to date. Last updated on December 14, 2014.
|UFC||May 24, 2014||T.J. Dillashaw||11-2 (5KO 3SUB)||1|
|Bellator MMA||October 10, 2014||Joe Warren||12-3 (3KO 1SUB)||0|
|WSOF||March 29, 2014||Marlon Moraes||14-4-1 (5KO 4SUB)||0|
|ONE FC||October 18, 2013||Bibiano Fernandes||17-3-0 (1KO 5SUB)||2|
|UFC||November 8, 2012||Ronda Rousey||10-0 (2KO 8SUB)||4|
|Deep Jewels||May 18, 2014||Takayo Hashi||15-5-1 (1KO 4SUB)||0|
- List of current MMA Bantamweight Champions
- List of current MMA Women's Bantamweight Champions
- List of UFC Bantamweight Champions
- List of WEC Bantamweight Champions (defunct)
- List of Pancrase Bantamweight Champions
- "Fighters: Rankings ...". KingoftheCage.com. Archived from the original on 16 February 2007. Retrieved 2007-02-20.
- Loiseleur, Tony (2011-04-20). "'Dream: Fight For Japan' Bantamweight Tournament Bracket Set". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 2011-04-20.
- "Nevada Revised Statutes: `er 467 - Unarmed Combat". http://www.leg.state.nv.us. Archived from the original on 16 February 2007. Retrieved 2007-02-20.
- "Unified Rules of MMA". ABCBoxing.com. Retrieved 2012-07-15.
|This sports-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|