ABS-CBN Lingkod Kapamilya Foundation, Inc.
|Headquarters||Mother Ignacia (corner Scout Albano), 1103 Quezon City, Philippines|
|Regina Paz Lopez|
Clarissa G. Ocampo (Managing Director)
ABS-CBN Lingkod Kapamilya Foundation, Inc. (formerly ABS-CBN Foundation, Inc.) is the non-stock, non-profit socio-civic organization of the ABS-CBN Corporation that facilitates social programs and outreach to the public. Initially, the organization's primary responsibilities were to generate welfare funds by broadcasting the plight of those in need of assistance and ensuring the proper allocation and utilization of solicited help. Eventually, AFI restructured itself to compensate an all-around developmental approach as its mission to provide a better quality of life for every Filipino in general and every Filipino child in particular. All development programs for the grassroots carry a significant slant targeted to directly benefit children, their families, and the community.
ABS-CBN Foundation Volunteers (first known as Social Service Club) was formed June 27, 1993 which undertakes rescue and relief activities in circumstances such as natural catastrophes.
In 1994, with its educational programs made for television, E-Media provided the Filipinos state-of-the-art and value-laden children shows such as Bayani, Hirayamanawari, Math-tinik, Sine'skwela, Epol/Apple and Pahina—all of which bagged several accolades from prestigious award-giving bodies.
Bantay Bata, a 24-hour hotline and child intervention program, was launched in 1997. Also the same year, ABS-CBN Bayan Microfinance was introduced, providing livelihood opportunities to the sorely-impoverished communities in the Philippines.
Bantay Kalikasan, the environmental-awareness advocacy of AFI, was formed on 21 1998. The La Mesa Watershed project was launched in 1999, which aimed to rehabilitate the 2700-hectare La Mesa Watershed.
The ABS-CBN Bayan Microfinance was renamed ABS-CBN Bayan Foundation in 2001 as the program eventually offered non-financial services to Filipinos.
In 2008, BayaniJuan was launched in conjunction with ABS-CBN's 55th year anniversary.
In November 2013, ABS-CBN Foundation, Inc. was changed its name as ABS-CBN Lingkod Kapamilya Foundation, Inc. in part of their 25th silver anniversary, the following year.
- "A better world for our children."
- "To enable our children to achieve their full potential by affecting the strategic sectors of society towards our visions through the maximum use of the power, creativity and reach of media."
Campaigns & Programs Espoused
- Bantay Bata (Child Watch) - a program geared towards the rescue and rehabilitation of disadvantaged Filipino children
- Educational Television (ETV) - a program which aims to enhance the Philippine public educational system through the use of audio-visual aids (a television set and VHS/DVD player, plus access to the ETV educational video library series). This program has been in service in conjunction with the curricula set by the Philippine Department of Education (DepEd)
- Bantay Kalikasan (Environment Watch) - a program championing the Philippine environment. Major projects include the saving of the La Mesa watershed in Quezon City, the establishment and maintenance of the La Mesa Eco Park, as well as other environment-saving projects like Bantay Usok and Bantay Baterya (anti-pollution drives).
- Kapit Bisig Para sa Ilog Pasig (Holding Together for Pasig River) - an advocacy to clean and rehabilitate the Pasig river in the Philippines.
- Sagip Kapamilya (Saving Members of the Family) - a program which provides food and non-food relief to Philippine communities affected by natural disasters
- Bayan Foundation (Community Foundation) - a program which helps deserving individuals embark on start-up enterprises by providing training and some funding assistance
- Bayan ni Juan (Country of Juan) - a program which integrates the advocacy of Bantay Bata, Bantay Kalikasan, E-Media, and Bayan Foundation
- 10.10.10 - a charity race conducted on October 10, 2010 that broke the Guinness World Records' for the biggest attendance in a foot race. 116,086 runners has participated on the event.
- ABS-CBN Foundation, Philippines
- ABS-CBN Foundation, USA
- Bantay Bata
- Bantay Kalikasan
- Bantay Baterya
- La Mesa Watershed
- La Mesa Ecopark
- Sagip Kapamilya
- Pasig River -Kapit Bisig Para sa Ilog Pasig
- Lopez Link, official newsletter of the Lopez Group