|Bantayan - Evelio B. Javier Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: RPSB|
|Operator||Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines|
|Elevation AMSL||60 ft / 18.3 m|
Bantayan Airport is an airport serving Bantayan Island in the province of Cebu in the Philippines. The airport is located in the municipality of Santa Fe, approximately 7.2 km (4.5 mi) from the centre of Bantayan municipality. It is classified as a Community airport by the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP), the agency that runs all airports in the Philippines except major international airports. The current airport manager is Joselito Seville.
Bantayan Airport is a small feeder airport and does not have a paved runway or fuel service. The largest handling capacity is a Dash‑7. It has a dirt runway which is approximately 900 m (2,950 ft) long and 43 m (140 ft) wide, as well as a small terminal. The terminal shed was erected in 2003, along with two security fences and the airport gate, as part of an airport improvement program initiated by the CAAP.
As of June 2013[update] there is doubt about the future of the airport. CAAP wishes to cease funding it. However President Aquino, who flew into Bantayan airport for his first island visit in February 2014, is interested in the development of the airport.
Meanwhile, a private entrepreneur tried to appropriate it.
- PAGASA - ICAO codes
- Bantayan Airport Development Project
- Romanillos, Peter L. (15 August 2013). "Review Camotes, Bantayan airport projects — Davide". Cebu Daily News. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- Rubio, Gregg M. (26 February 2014). "Bantayan Is. eyed as tourism hub". The Freeman. Retrieved 10 November 2014.
- "President Aquino wants to develop Bantayan airport – Gov. Davide". Philippine News Agency (PNA). 4 July 2014. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- Mayol, Ador Vincent S. & Ta-as, Apple (23 September 2014). "Mayor sues Brit for fencing off airstrip". Cebu Daily News. Retrieved 19 October 2014.