Baptist Hospital of Miami
|Baptist Hospital of Miami|
|Location||Coral Gables, Florida, Florida, United States|
|Lists||Hospitals in Florida|
Founded in 1960, the 650-bed facility is now one of the largest hospitals in the Miami area. The Corporate headquarters is located in Coral Gables, Florida, and has facilities throughout Miami-Dade County, into the Florida Keys, and in southern Broward County. Baptist Hospital is the largest faith based non-profit organization hospital in the Miami area, handling a volume of over 100,000 patients a year. The hospital attracts international patients from the Caribbean, Central America and South America. Baptist Hospital is the eleventh hospital in the United States to receive the ”Magnet” of excellence in nursing. The hospital is currently celebrating its 50th year in operation. The DOJ, on behalf of the OIG, agreed to accept $7,775,000 as a settlement amount after Baptist admitted to violations of the federal physician self referral law (the "Stark Law").[unreliable source?] Ranked #4 in Miami hospitals in the 2010-11 U.S. News & World Report survey.
- Chandler, Michele (1996-05-27). "Miami's Baptist Hospital Is a Case Study in Nonprofit Expansion.(Originated from The Miami Herald)". Miami Herald via Knight Ridder/Tribune Business News. Retrieved 2009-05-06.
- "Two Head Baptist Hospital Drive". Miami Herald. February 24, 1983. Retrieved 2009-05-06.
- "Baptist Hospital of Miami Food Service Executive Named 2008 Premier Illuminating Excellence Award Winner". Premier Inc. press release via Carolina Newswire. 2008-06-24. Retrieved 2009-05-06.
- "Baptist Hospital Gives Aid to Students". Miami Herald. October 10, 1993. Retrieved 2009-05-06.
- "Rehab Clinic Will Open Doors Today". Miami Herald. November 29, 1990. Retrieved 2009-05-06.
- 2010-11 "US News and World Report survey". US News and World Report. Retrieved 2011-06-29.
|This article relating to a hospital in Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|