9 November 1989
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Measurements||Waist: 31 (US)
Inseam: 33 (US)
|Suit||40 (US) 50 (EU)|
|Shoe size||10 (US)|
|Manager||DNA Model Management|
Baptiste Giabiconi (born 9 November 1989) is a French male model and singer from Marignane, France. He is currently the male face of Chanel, Fendi and Karl Lagerfeld. He has been described as the world's highest paid male model.
Born in Marignane, Bouches-du-Rhône, Baptiste Giabiconi comes from a Corsican family. His father is from Bastia and his mother Marie-France from Calvi, both in Corsica. He spent his infancy in Moriani-Plage in the Haute-Corse region very near to Bastia, before moving to Marseille.
He obtained a Brevet d'études professionnelles (BEP) in restoration, and a professional Baccalauréat in "Accueil et Service". Then he trained for six months as a mechanical adjustor in Aeronautics, landing a job at Eurocopter, an international helicopter manufacturing and support company.
In 2008, Giabiconi signed with DNA Model Management New York.
In the same year Karl Lagerfeld took Giabiconi as the male face of Chanel, closing their haute couture shows in 2009 with Freja Beha Erichsen and Lara Stone and in 2010 with Abbey Lee and Iris Strubegger.
He was placed at No. 1 on models.com listing of the Top 50 international male models for roughly two years before being replaced by Sean O'Pry. As of September 2011, he was placed on the more prominent "Icons" list of male models where he shares the No. 10 ranking with top male model, Werner Schreyer.
He released his debut single "Showtime" in 2010. In 2012, he announced an agreement with My Major Company fan-funded label to produce his debut album entitled Oxygen. The album was released in September 2012 and entered the SNEP French Albums Chart straight in at number 1. The lead single from the album was "One Night In Paradise", a pre-release in promotion of the album. The follow-up single from the album is called "Speed of Light (L'amour & les étoiles)" and was released on 2 September 2012.
In Danse avec les stars
In October and November 2011, Baptiste Giabiconi took part in season 2 of the French reality television series Danse avec les stars, being the French version of Dancing with the Stars. For the series, he partnered with model and singer Fauve Hautot reaching the Final 3 stage.
On 19 November 2011, the final day of the competition, he finished third overall behind winner Shy'm who had partnered with Maxime Dereymez and runner-up Philippe Candeloro with his dancing partner Candice Pascale.
In popular culture
- In 2009, supermodel Naomi Campbell met Giabiconi in Moscow and told him, "It’s not right: We all have defects. You have none".
- In an interview with Karl Lagerfeld described Giabiconi as "a boy version of Gisele Bündchen: skinny, skinny but with an athletic body – good for clothes and great with no clothes".
- On 6 and 7 July 2012, he sang his song "Speed of Light (L'amour et les étoiles)" during Tout le monde chante contre le cancer charity event. On 15 September 2012, he sang the same song during Leurs voix pour l'espoir charity concert.
- Giabiconi appeared as special invitee guest in Mère et fille, the French Disney Channel mini-series broadcast in June 2012 in France.
- In 2012, he announced he will be a contestant on the popular French games series Fort Boyard
- In 2012, he took part in tribute album project dedicated to Jean-Jacques Goldman songs called Génération Goldman singing Goldmans "Là-bas" as a duo with Quebec singer Marie-Mai.
|2012||"One Night in Paradise"||-||51||Oxygen|
(Marie-Mai and Baptiste Giabiconi)
|2014||"Je te aime"||110||-||Oxygen|
*Did not appear in the official Belgian Ultratop 50 chart, but rather in the bubbling under Ultratip charts. Position in table reached by adding 50 positions to the actual Ultratip position
- Other singles
- 2010: "Showtime"
- 2012: "Speed of Light (L'amour et les étoiles)"
- The Internet Fashion Database – Baptiste Giabiconi Retrieved and verified on 8 December 2010
- Littlejohn, Georgina (9 March 2012). "Ooh la la! Katy Perry linked to the world's highest paid male model Baptiste Giabiconi". New York Times. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- Biography Baptiste Giabiconi's profile on NY mag
- models.com, Baptiste Giabiconi
- "Listen: Baptiste Giabiconi's new single "Speed of Light"". josepvinaixa. 2 September 2012. Retrieved 2 September 2012.
- Baptiste Giabiconi – Model Profile
- Le Figaro: Baptiste Giabiconi dans Fort Boyard - Un Top-modèle face aux petites bébêtes du Fort (French)
- LesCharts.com: Baptiste Giabiconi page
- Ultratop.be/fr/: Baptiste Giabiconi page