||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (August 2009)|
|— tehsil —|
|Nearest city||Gaya, Kolkatta|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+05:30)|
• 159 metres (522 ft)
• 30 – −48 °C (86–−54 °F)
The nearest railway station is Gaya Junction, which has trains to major destinations in India and Pakistan.
The nearest airport is Gaya International Airport.
Schools and colleges include:
- S.S High School Barachatti
- Primary School Imamganj,Bhadeya
- Middle School, Barachatti
- Urdu Middle School, Bhadeya.
- Middle School, Lahathua
- Sir Syed Memorial School, Karma, Bhadeya
- Sullebatta High School
- High School, Bumuar
- State Subsidised High School, Barrachatti
- Project Kanya High School, Barachatti
- Sobh College, Mayapur
- Shri Ghulam Mohammad - First Person Of Barachatti (Gajragarh)Before it was a Panchayat (Kahudag) and The First Mukhiya Of Kahudag Panchayt in Barachatti Assembly.
- Mushtaq Ali Khan - Zamindar of Bhadeya, which covers about 45 villages. Formerly a minister in the Bihar state government.
- Subodh Kr Singh, s/o Anil kr singhBihar Police of Lahathua - got silver medal in judo in Madhya Pradesh the State of central India.
- Bhagwati Devi - Elected four times as Member of the Legislative Assembly for Barachatti and Member of Parliament for Gaya.
- Advocate Aziz Khan (LLB 1920) was the first literate person in Barachatti. The village of Azizabad in Bibipesra Panchayt is named after him.
- Kamaluddin Khan (member of the Zila Parishad in Gaya) is an educationalist and politician. He was involved in the student revolution when studying at Aligarh Muslim University. He has been active in local politics since the mid-1980s. He is also the director of Sir Syed Memorial School, secretary of Sir Syed Inter College and secretary of the Minority Upliftment Society.
- Ozair Ahmed Khan, (formerly in the Zila Parshad at Gurua). A prominent leader and social worker in Bhadeya.
- Ram Ashish Singh (1938–2008) Ranger officer (1960–19