Barak (given name)
The given name is mostly Jewish, and predominantly found in Israel. However, it has occasionally been used by Anglo-Saxon protestants in the early modern period, when there was a fashion for given names from the Hebrew Bible, as in the name of Barak Longmate, an 18th-century English genealogist.
People with the name
Notable people with the name include:
- Barak Longmate (1738-1793), English genealogist and engraver
- Barak Sopé (born 1955), Vanuatu politician
- Barak Badash (born 1982), Israeli football player
- Barak Yitzhaki (born 1984), Israeli football player
- Barak Bakhar (born 1979), Israeli football player
- Barak Moshe (born 1991), Israeli football player
- Barak (surname)
- Barak (disambiguation)
- Burak (disambiguation)
- Baraka (disambiguation)
- Baruch (given name)
- Mubarak (name)
- All pages beginning with "Barak"
- Murtonen, Aimo (1986). Hospers, J.H., ed. Hebrew in its West Semitic setting: a comparative survey of non-Masoretic Hebrew dialects and traditions. Leiden: E.J. Brill. ISBN 9789004088993.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|