From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up baraka in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Baraka may refer to:
- Berakhah or Baraka, in Judaism, a blessing usually recited during a ceremony
- Barakah or Baraka, in Islam, the beneficent force from God that flows through the physical and spiritual spheres
- Baraka, full ḥabbat al-barakah, aka Nigella sativa, a spice with purported health benefits
- Baraka (film), a 1992 experimental documentary film by Ron Fricke
- Baraka (novel), a 1983 novel by John Ralston Saul
- Baraka (Mortal Kombat), a fictional character in the Mortal Kombat series
- Baraka (album), a 1997 album by DKV Trio
- Baraka, Democratic Republic of the Congo, a town in the eastern Congolese province of Sud-Kivu on Lake Tanganyika.
- Baraka, Gabon, a site where American missionaries from New England established a mission in 1842 on what is now Libreville
- Baraka School, an educational program in Kenya, featured in the film The Boys of Baraka
- Baraka, the local nickname for Barakaldo, Spain
- Baraka River, Eritrea and Sudan
- Har Brakha, an Israeli settlement in the West Bank, Palestinian territories
- Amiri Baraka (1934–2014), American writer
- Paul Baraka (1969–present), Canadian composer
- Ras J. Baraka (1970–present), American politician and current mayor of Newark, New Jersey
- Al-Said Barakah (1260–1280), Mamluk Sultan
- Barack Obama, Sr. (1934–1982), born Baraka Obama, father of U.S. President Barack Obama
- barakaši, a name the party founders of the Croatian Democratic Union gave to themselves
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Baraka.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.