From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Baraka means blessing in Hebrew, Arabic and Arabic-influenced languages. It may refer to:
- Baraka, also berakhah, in Judaism, a blessing usually recited during a ceremony
- Baraka, also barakah, in Arabic Islam and Arabic-influenced languages such as Swahili, Urdu, Persian, Turkish, a blessing from God in the form of spiritual wisdom or divine presence. Also a spiritual power believed to be possessed by certain persons, objects, tombs.
- Baraka Bashad, meaning "may the blessings be" or just "blessings be", originally a Sufi expression and also used in Eckankar
- Baraka (film), a 1992 experimental documentary film by Ron Fricke
- Baraka (novel), a 1983 novel by John Ralston Saul
- Baraka (Mortal Kombat), a fictional character in the Mortal Kombat series
- The Boys of Baraka, a 2005 documentary film
- BarakaBits, BarakaBits: Middle-Eastern news website primarily focused on positive short-form content from the MENA region
- Baraka (album), a 1997 album by DKV Trio
- Baraka, a town in the eastern Congolese province of Sud-Kivu on Lake Tanganyika.
- Baraka, Gabon, a site where American missionaries from New England established a mission in 1842 on what is now Libreville
- Baraka, Philippines, a barangay in the Norzagaray municipality, in the province of Bulacan
- Baraka, Kenya, a town in Kenya.
- Baraka College, a college for sustainable agriculture and rural development in Molo, Kenya
- Baraka School, an educational program in Kenya, featured in the film The Boys of Baraka
- Baraka, the local nickname for Barakaldo, Spain
- Baraka River, Eritrea and Sudan
- Har Braka, an Israeli settlement in the West Bank, Palestinian territories
- Baraka, a small village in South Sulawesi province, Indonesia
- Amiri Baraka (1934–2014), American writer
- Ras Baraka (1970–present), American politician and current mayor of Newark, New Jersey
- Barakah Khan (1260–1280, son of Baibars and briefly a Mamluk Sultan of Egypt and Syria
- Baraka Obama (1934–1982), birth name of U.S. President Barack Obama's father.
- Baraka Kutina, an alternative youth music club in Kutina, Croatia
- Baraka is the name of an Italian jewellery brand catering entirely to men 
- Baraka, an Albanian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Serbian, Slovene and Turkish word for "shack"
- barakaši, a name the party founders of the Croatian Democratic Union gave to themselves
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Baraka.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.