|Comune di Baranzate|
|Province||Province of Milan (MI)|
|• Total||2.8 km2 (1.1 sq mi)|
|Population (Dec. 2004)|
|• Density||4,000/km2 (10,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Baranzate, formerly a frazione of the commune of Bollate, is a commune (i.e. a municipality or comune) in the Province of Milan in the Italian region Lombardy. It was created in 2004 after its previous establishment, in 2001, had been declared unconstitutional. It is located about 8 kilometres (5 mi) northwest of Milan. As of 31 December 2004, it had a population of 11,227 and an area of 2.8 square kilometres (1.1 sq mi).
Prior to 2001 Baranzate was a frazione of the commune of Bollate. It was established as a commune in its own right in November of that year by the promulgation of a regional law. In 2003 this law was declared unconstitutional by the Constitutional Court of Italy, the establishment of the new commune was annulled and Barazate became once more a frazione of Bollate. In May 2004 a new regional law re-established the Commune of Baranzate.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- Legge Regionale 23 novembre 2001 n.21; 1° s.o. al B.U.R. n.48 del 27 novembre 2001.
- Sentenza Corte Costituzionale n. 47/2003 del 10 febbraio 2003; G.U. n.7 (1° serie speciale) del 19 febbraio 2003.
- Legge Regionale 22 maggio 2004 n. 13; B.U.R. n. 22 del 24 maggio 2004, 1° s.o.
- ‘Variazioni amministrative e territoriali dei comuni dal 1991’, Istat, 2009.
- Codici dei comuni, delle province e delle regioni, Istat, 2009.
|This article on a location in the Province of Milan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|