Barasat I (community development block)
|Barasat I (CD Block)
বারাসাত I সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|— Community development block —|
|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Total||106.97 km2 (41.30 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,200/km2 ( 5,800/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Barasat|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Barasat, Madhyamgram, Deganaga|
Barasat I (community development block) is an administrative division in Barasat Sadar subdivision of North 24 Parganas district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Barasat police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Chhoto Jagulia.Urban area under this block consists census towns like : Bamangachhi, Nebadhai Duttapukur.
Dattapukur, a constituent panchayat of Barasat I block, is located at.
Gram panchayats 
As per 2001 census, Barasat I block has a total population of 237,783 out of which 122,560 were males and 115,223 were females. Barasat I block registered a population growth of -4.74 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. While the rural areas of the block recorded a growth of 23.58 per cent, the urban areas of the block recorded a growth of -72.87 per cent. Decadal growth for the district was 22.40 per cent.Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". North 24 Parganas district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-02-17.
- "Census of India 2001, Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal, Table - 4". North Twenty Four Parganas District (11). Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- From Barasat Sadar subdivision page.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-20.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )". Groundwater arsenic contamination status of North 24-Parganas district, one of the nine arsenic affected districts of West Bengal-India. SOES. Retrieved 2011-02-17.