Barbara J. Fiala
Barbara J. Fiala (born 1944) is the current Commissioner of the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles, serving in the administration of Governor Andrew Cuomo. She began her career in the Broome County, New York Department of Motor Vehicles in 1981. In 1997, she ran for and won the office of Broome County Clerk, a position she held for six years. From 2005 until April 2011, she served as County Executive of Broome County, New York. She was the first woman to hold this position. In February 2011, Governor Andrew Cuomo appointed her chief of the statewide Department of Motor Vehicles and the New York State Legislature confirmed her in May.
- "Barbara J. Fiala, Commissioner". http://dmv.ny.gov. Albany, New York: New York State Department of Motor Vehicles. Retrieved 2014-05-18. "Barbara J. Fiala was named Commissioner of the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles by Governor Andrew M. Cuomo in February of 2011. She was confirmed by the New York State Senate for the position in May of that year."
- "Fiala seeks Broome leadership". Press & Sun-Bulletin (Binghamton, New York). 2004-01-23. p. B1.
- "Cleaned-out office irks Fiala as she goes to work". Press & Sun-Bulletin (Binghamton, New York). 2005-01-05. p. A1.
- "Fiala to lead DMV—WHO'LL SUCCEED BARB FIALA?". Press & Sun-Bulletin (Binghamton, New York). 2011-02-10. p. A1.
- "The First Woman County Executive for Broome County, NY Barbara J. Fiala". http://www.rochester.edu/sba. First Women Project New York State’s Political Pioneers. Rochester, New York: Susan B. Anthony Center for Women's Leadership at the University of Rochester. Retrieved 2014-05-18.
- Katz, Celeste (2011-02-09). "Gov. Cuomo: Schenectady's Brian Stratton For Canal Corp.; Broome's Barbara Fiala For DMV". New York Daily News. The Daily Politics (New York). Retrieved 2014-05-18.
- Whittemore, Michael (2011-05-17). "Fiala Confirmed As DMV Commissioner". NY State of Politics (Albany, New York: Time Warner Cable News Capital Region). Retrieved 2014-05-18.
- "Fiala confirmed as DMV chief". Press & Sun-Bulletin (Binghamton, New York). 2011-05-18. p. A3.
||Broome County, New York County Clerk
January 1, 1998 – December 31, 2004
Richard R. Blythe
Jeffrey P. Kraham
|Broome County, New York Executive
January 1, 2005 – 2011
Patrick J. Brennan
|This article about a politician from the state of New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|