Barbara Knowles Debs
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Barbara Knowles Debs|
|Born||Barbara Jean Knowles
|Employer||Manhattanville College (1975)
New-York Historical Society (1989)
|Spouse(s)||Richard A. Debs|
|Children||Elizabeth Anderson Debs|
Barbara Jean Knowles was born in 1931 to Stanley Freeman Knowles of Cranston, Rhode Island. On July 20, 1958 she married Richard A. Debs in Orleans, Massachusetts. They have a daughter, Elizabeth Anderson Debs.
- McGill, Douglas C. (August 14, 1988). "Panel Will Seek Rescue For Historical Society". New York Times. Retrieved 2009-06-24. "In addition, Barbara Knowles Debs, an art historian who is known for her financial acumen as president of Manhattanville College from 1975 to 1985, has been named interim director of the society."
- Yarrow, Andrew L. (April 13, 1989). "Historical Society Names New Leaders". New York Times. Retrieved 2009-06-25. "The New-York Historical Society named Barbara Knowles Debs as its president and chief executive officer yesterday, and Norman Pearlstine as its new chairman."
- "An Acting President At Manhattanville Named by Trustees". New York Times. June 21, 1975. Retrieved 2009-06-25. "Dr. Barbara Knowles Debs, chairman of the art history department at Manhattanville College, was named acting president of the strife-torn institution today by the board of trustees."
- "Barbara Knowles Bride of R.A. Debs". New York Times. July 20, 1958. Retrieved 2009-06-25. "The marriage of Miss Barbara Jean Knowles, daughter of Stanley Freeman Knowles of Cranston, R. I., ..."
- "Elizabeth Anderson Debs Is Married To Stephen C. Turner". New York Times. June 3, 1990. Retrieved 2009-06-25. "In Connecticut Elizabeth Anderson Debs, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Richard A. Debs of New York and Greenwich, Conn., and Stephen Carmichael Turner, a son of Mr. and Mrs. Kimball Turner of Edgartown, Mass., were married yesterday at the Greenwich home of the bride's parents."