|Prammer in 2014|
|President of the National Council|
30 October 2006 – 2 August 2014
|Preceded by||Andreas Khol|
|Succeeded by||Karlheinz Kopf (Acting)|
|Federal Minister for Women Affairs and Consumer Protection|
28 January 1997 – 4 February 2000
|Preceded by||Helga Konrad|
|Succeeded by||Elisabeth Sickl|
11 January 1954|
Ottnang am Hausruck,
|Died||2 August 2014
|Political party||Social Democratic Party of Austria|
|Alma mater||Johannes Kepler University Linz|
Barbara Prammer (11 January 1954 – 2 August 2014) was an Austrian politician and member of the Social Democratic Party of Austria. She served as President of the National Council of Austria from 2006 to 2014, and as its Vice President from 2004 to 2006. Prammer was Federal Minister for Women Affairs and Consumer Protection from 1997 till 2000, and was elected to the National Council in 1999.
She had two children.
- Grand Decoration of Honour in Gold with Sash for Services to the Republic of Austria (2000)
- In 2014, she received a membership of the legion of honor as a Commandeur de la Légion d'Honneur (C. LH) for her merits as a women's rights advocate and her role in implementing democratic values
- 1st Class / Knights Grand Cross Order of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic (2007)
- "Pankreas-Krebs: Selten, symptomlos und tödlich! (Pancreatic Cancer: Rare, Without Symtoms, and Lethal!)". www.heute.at (in German). Vienna: AHVV Verlags GmbH. 5 August 2014. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Nationalratspräsidentin Barbara Prammer verstorben" [President of the National Council of Austria has passed away] (in German).
- "Reply to a parliamentary question about the Decoration of Honour" (PDF) (in German). p. 1354. Retrieved November 2012.
- http://www.ots.at/presseaussendung/OTS_20140118_OTS0007/hoechste-franzoesische-auszeichnung-fuer-barbara-prammer (German)