||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008)|
Barbara Sher (born 1943) is a speaker, career/lifestyle coach, and best-selling author of seven books on goal achievement. Her books have sold millions of copies and been translated into many languages. She has appeared on Oprah, The Today Show, 60 Minutes, CNN, and Good Morning America and her public television specials air regularly in the United States. Sher lectures at universities, Fortune 100 companies and professional conferences all over the world.
Sher's latest book, Refuse to Choose (Rodale 2006) is a step-by-step program designed for "scanners", people with many interests who are unable to decide on a single direction for their lives.
- Wishcraft: How To Get What You Really Want, 1978 Viking Press, 1984 Ballantine ISBN 978-0-670-77608-5
- Teamworks: Building Support Groups That Guarantee Success!, Warner Books, 1989 ISBN 978-0-446-51461-3
- I Could Do Anything If I Only Knew What It Was, 1994 Dell, Delacorte (over 700,000 books in print, translated into 8 languages)
- Live the Life You Love In 10 Easy Step By Step Lessons, 1996, Dell Delacorte (Winner of Best Motivational Book in first session of Books For A Better Life Commission, 1996)
- It's Only Too Late If You Don't Start Now: How to Create Your Second Life at Any Age, 1999, Dell Delacorte ISBN 978-0-385-31505-0
- Barbara Sher's Idea Book: How to Do What You Love Without Starving to Death, 2004, Genius Press Unlimited ISBN 978-0-9728952-0-0
- Refuse to Choose!: A Revolutionary Program for Doing Everything That You Love, 2006 Rodale ISBN 978-1-59486-303-5
Sher runs retreats for scanners in the U.S., France, Corfu, Greece and Puglia, Italy, and a year-long program for writers and speakers called How To Write Your Own Success Story. She also runs websites devoted to her books, programs, and audio materials. In the spring and fall, she lives at her second home in a small village in Central Turkey where she teaches e-commerce to village weavers.
- Official Website
- Sher's Books, Programs, and Audio Materials
- The Kilim eCommerce School of Ortahisar
|This article about a United States writer of non-fiction is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|