Barbara Turner (basketball)
|Guard / forward|
June 8, 1984 |
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||183 lb (83 kg)|
|Draft||11th overall, 2006
|Seattle Storm (2006)
Houston Comets (2007)
Connecticut Sun (2008)
|Awards and honors|
|First Team All-American (2002)
First Team McDonald’s All-American (2002)
Gatorade Ohio Player of the Year (2002)
Ms. Ohio Basketball (2002)
BIG EAST All-Rookie (2003)
Barbara Renee Turner (born on June 8, 1984 in Cleveland, Ohio) is an American professional basketball player. She plays for Tarsus in Turkey and formerly the Connecticut Sun of the WNBA. A small forward, she is 6 feet (1.83 m) tall and 78 kg weight.
Turner played for East Tech High School in Cleveland, Ohio, where she was named a WBCA All-American. She participated in the 2002 WBCA High School All-America Game where she scored thirteen points.
In her last NCAA Tournament run, Barbara Turner was unable to get her Connecticut team back to the pinnacle of women's college basketball after helping UConn win NCAA Championships in 2003 and 2004. The Huskies' 2006 Final Four bid fell short in overtime against Duke in the Elite Eight, with Turner unable to play down the stretch because of debilitating cramps.
- 2003 Big East All-Rookie Team
- 2004 All-Big East Second Team
- 2005 All-Big East Honorable Mention
- 2005 Most Outstanding of Big East Tournament
- 2005 Big East All-Tournament Team
Turner's dominant postseason - she averaged 22.8 points and 10.5 rebounds in the NCAA Tournament - secured her a spot in the first round of the 2006 WNBA Draft when Turner was taken 11th overall by the Seattle Storm. She quickly made the transition from power forward to small forward in the WNBA, starting 9 games as a rookie and appearing in all 34 games during the 2006 season, averaging 6.4 points, 2.5 rebounds and 1.4 assists.
On May 16, 2007, Turner was waived by the Seattle Storm, and two weeks later she was signed by the Houston Comets. During the 2007 season, Turner played in 22 games, averaging 4.2 points and 1.9 rebounds.
- 2006– : Maccabi Ramat
- 2006–2007: Fenerbahçe Istanbul
- 2008–2009: Tarsus Belediyesi
- 2009–2010: Mersin Büyükşehir Belediyesi
- 2010–2012: Kayseri Kaski S.K.
- 2012–2013: Mersin Büyükşehir Belediyesi
- 2013–present: Botaş SK
- Position: Small Forward
- Height: 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)
- High School: East Technical High School in Cleveland, Ohio
- College: University of Connecticut
- Team(s): Seattle Storm 2006, Houston Comets 2007, Connecticut Sun 2008
- Ohio Ms. Basketball (2004) awarded by Ohio High School Basketball Coaches Association
University of Connecticut statistics
|Barabara Turner Statistics at University of Connecticut|
- Offseason 2008-09: Overseas Roster
- "2000 WBCA High School All-Americans". WBCA. Retrieved 2009-10-30.
- "2000 WBCA High School All-America Game". WBCA. Retrieved 2009-10-30.
- "OHSBC MS. BASKETBALL". Retrieved 2009-06-21.
- "UConn Media Guide". Archived from the original on 18 December 2008. Retrieved 15 December 2008.[dead link]
- Connecticut Huskies women's basketball
- List of Connecticut women's basketball players with 1000 points
- 2003–04 Connecticut Huskies women's basketball team