Barbara Weiler (born on 17 September 1946 in Düsseldorf) is a German politician and Member of the European Parliament with the Social Democratic Party of Germany, part of the Socialist Group and sits on the European Parliament's Committee on Internal Market and Consumer Protection.
She is a substitute for the Committee on Employment and Social Affairs, a member of the Delegation for relations with the countries of Southeast Asia and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and a substitute for the Delegation for relations with Japan.
- 1963: School-leaving certificate
- Studied languages in the UK
- 1965-1967: Night school
- 1965-1985: Office worker (clerk, head secretary, company secretary) in industry
- SPD organiser, Fulda District (1985-1987);
- 1971-1975: Councillor in Willich, Viersen District
- 1975-1985: Willich town councillor
- 1987-1994: Member of the Bundestag
- since 1994: Member of the European Parliament
- Official website of Barbara Weiler: www.barbara-weiler.de
- European Parliament biography of Barbara Weiler (incl. Speeches, Questions and Motions)
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (German)
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a German politician or member of the Social Democratic Party of Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|