|Native name: Boodthean|
|Archipelago||Greater Palm group|
|Local Government Area||Palm Island Aboriginal Shire Council|
Barber Island is an island south of Great Palm Island, part of the Greater Palm group in Queensland, Australia. The Aboriginal name for this island is Boodthean Island. Barber Island is one of the ten islands in the local government area of the Palm Island Aboriginal Shire Council.
The surrounding waters are in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park in the Coral Sea, which is administrated by the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority (GBRMPA). The GBRMPA zoning is "Conservation Zone". In a Conservation Zone, as compared with a Buffer zone; bait netting, crabbing (trapping), and limited collecting are permitted. In a Conservation Zone, as compared with a Habitat Protection Zone, harvest fishing for sea cucumber, trochus, and tropical rock lobster are not allowed.
Barber (Boodthean) Reef is a nearshore fringing reef adjacent to the island.
Aerial photos and maps
- Barber Island is at coordinates Coordinates: 
- Google Inc. "Barber (Boodthean) Reef". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Barber+(Boodthean)+Reef,+Queensland+Australia&t=m. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- Google Inc. "satellite view of Barber (Boodthean) Island". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Barber+(Boodthean)+Island,+Queensland,+Australia&t=k&z=17. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- "Indigenous Land Use Agreement: QI2003/052 Coolagree Sponge Farm ILUA". National Native Title Tribunal. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority (GBRMPA), Detailed maps, MPZ8 - Townsville". Australian Government, Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority. 24 April 2006. Retrieved 2011-01-04.
- "Place names search, Geoscience Australia, QLD1585 (Place name = "Barber Island", click search, click QLD1585)". Australian Government, Geoscience Australia. Retrieved 2011-03-23. "−18° 46' 37'' S (Decimal Degrees −18.77707°), 146° 39' 58'' E (Decimal Degree 146.66609°)"