Promotional poster for concert tour
|Tour by Barbra Streisand|
|Start date||October 8, 2012|
|End date||June 22, 2013|
|Shows||12 in North America
5 in Europe
2 in Asia
|Barbra Streisand tour chronology|
Barbra Live is the sixth concert tour by American recording artist, Barbra Streisand. Visiting North American and European markets, the tour Streisand's first tour since 2006. Barbra Live was the 22nd best-selling tour in the world in 2012, having earned $40.7 million and sold 154,287 tickets.
In April 2013 it was officially announced that Barbra would continue the tour through Europe in the summer of 2013, much like her previous tour. Of her dates in Europe she will visit some markets she has never played before such as Cologne, Tel Aviv and Amsterdam.
Initially planned as 2 shows to coincide with the opening of the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn and billed as Barbra's Homecoming as she has never performed a concert in Brooklyn. The shows sold out quickly and no further dates were added. On August 9, 2012 it was officially announced the Barbra would continue the series of concerts now opening in Philadelphia on October 8, 2012. One September 14 a further 3 dates in America were added. One of these dates is for the famous Hollywood Bowl where Barbra performed once before on her 1967 tour An Evening with Barbra Streisand and at the time broke the attendance record with 17,256 people attending.
The concerts received mostly positive reviews and critical acclaim. The Ottawa sun reviewed the concert at Scotiabank Place and wrote "Streisand’s was truly exceptional. Intimate, yet on a grand scale, only she could do a concert that was small enough to feel personal, yet big enough to feel like a Broadway musical" Miriam Di Nunzio from The Chicago Sun Times wrote "At 70, the singer still possesses one of the most pristine voices in music, a voice that completely and sumptuously envelops a room, even one the size of the cavernous United Center. There is an intimacy and honesty in Streisand’s delivery — a rare treat in this age of lip-synched, overblown concert extravaganzas." The Jerusalem Post wrote on her opening night in Philadelphia "Her voice (and cleavage) were better than many of the stars half her age that are currently touring" The Vancouver Sun stated that "The perennially decorated singer/actor/writer/director left an indelible mark on her Vancouver audience with a performance that was pure, undiluted class"
The show also gathered some negative reviews. Oakland newspaper Oakland tribune reviewed the San Jose concert at HP Pavilion and stated that Streisand relies too much on guest stars and wastes stage time for other performers. Jim Harrington from the newspaper wrote that "(the show)left too little time for what really should've been the focus of the night — Streisand's voice... I indeed look forward to seeing Streisand "Some Other Time." And when it happens, hopefully she'll leave some of her friends and family members behind"
Sell outs 
Special Guests 
Tour dates 
|October 8, 2012||Philadelphia||United States||Wells Fargo Center|
|October 11, 2012||New York City||Barclays Center|
|October 13, 2012|
|October 17, 2012||Montreal||Canada||Bell Centre|
|October 20, 2012||Ottawa||Scotiabank Place|
|October 23, 2012||Toronto||Air Canada Centre|
|October 26, 2012||Chicago||United States||United Center|
|October 29, 2012||Vancouver||Canada||Rogers Arena|
|November 2, 2012||Las Vegas||United States||MGM Grand Garden Arena|
|November 5, 2012||San Jose||HP Pavilion at San Jose|
|November 9, 2012||Los Angeles||Hollywood Bowl|
|November 11, 2012|
|June 1, 2013||London||England||The O2 Arena|
|June 3, 2013|
|June 6, 2013||Amsterdam||Netherlands||Ziggo Dome|
|June 10, 2013|
|June 12, 2013||Cologne||Germany||Lanxess Arena|
|June 15, 2013||Berlin||O2 World|
|June 20, 2013||Tel Aviv||Israel||Bloomfield Stadium|
|June 22, 2013|
Cancelled dates 
June 10, 2013 Paris Le Bercy 
Box office score data 
|Venue||City||Tickets Sold / Available||Gross Revenue|
|Wells Fargo Center||Philadelphia||12,158 / 12,158 (100%)||$3,044,990|
|Barclays Center||New York City||31,176 / 31,176 (100%)||$9,327,948|
|Bell Centre||Montreal||9,997 / 9,997 (100%)||$2,426,472|
|Scotiabank Place||Ottawa||8,117 / 8,117 (100%)||$1,893,484|
|Air Canada Centre||Toronto||13,719 / 13,719 (100%)||$3,781,896|
|United Centre||Chicago||13,496 / 13,496 (100%)||$3,894,605|
|Rogers Arena||Vancouver||11,274 / 11,274 (100%)||$2,652,666|
|HP Pavilion at San Jose||San Jose||10,987 / 10,987 (100%)||$2,472,870|
|MGM Grand Garden Arena||Las Vegas||9,856 / 9,856 (100%)||$3,352,001|
|Hollywood Bowl||Los Angeles||33,507 / 33,507 (100%)||$7,810,238|
|TOTAL||154,287 / 154,287 (100%)||$40,657,170|
- "Pollstar Year-End Top 50 World Tours". Pollstar. January 2013. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- Scheck, Frank (12 October 2012). "Barbra Streisand in Brooklyn Concert Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Prometheus Global Media. Archived from the original on 16 November 2012. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- Perusse, Bernard (18 October 2012). "Concert review: Barbra Streisand at the Bell Centre; Oct. 17, 2012". The Gazette. Postmedia Network. Archived from the original on 16 November 2012. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- Lipshutz, Jason (7 August 2012). "Barbra Streisand Announces New Fall Tour Dates". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Archived from the original on 16 November 2012. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- Hall, Tara (28 September 2012). "Barbra Streisand confirms West Coast dates". SoundSpike. SoundSpike Media, LLC. Archived from the original on 16 November 2012. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- http://www.contactmusic.com/news/barbra-streisand-cancels-paris-show_3591355. Missing or empty
- "Billboard Boxscore". Billboard (New York City, New York: Prometheus Global Media) 124 (44). 24 November 2012. ISSN 0006-2510. Archived from the original on 15 November 2012. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- "Billboard Boxscore". Billboard (New York City, New York: Prometheus Global Media) 124 (45). 1 December 2012. ISSN 0006-2510. Archived from the original on 25 November 2012. Retrieved 25 November 2012.