|Type||Privately held company|
|Genre||Fast food, Tex-Mex|
|Founded||Manchester, United Kingdom|
|Founders||Morgan Davies and Paul Kilpatrick|
|Products||Burritos, tacos, nachos|
Barburrito is a British chain of Mexican-style fast food restaurants, focusing primarily on burritos. The chain currently operates ten stores across five locations in the UK.
Barburrito was founded by Morgan Davies and Paul Kilpatrick in 2005, with its first store opening in Piccadilly Gardens in Manchester. In 2010, the chain was operating stores in Deansgate in Manchester and Liverpool. In 2012, with sales of £5 million, Barburrito received an investment of £3.25 million from the Business Growth Fund to expand to a number of different locations, including locations in London which would become the chain's first stores outside the North West. In 2013 the chain opened two stores in London at Paddington station and Cowcross Street.
Barburrito offers burritos, burrito bowls (the filling of the burrito, without the wrap), tacos, and nachos covered in cheese sauce. The fillings that are offered are chargrilled chicken, slow-cooked pork, spicy shredded beef, chargrilled steak, and flash fried vegetables. Optional extras include guacamole, tortilla chips and salsa. Each store sells soft drinks (with free refills), water, iced tea, and Mexican beers such as Corona.
All of Barburrito's ingredients are made on-site, with six deliveries to each store per week.
- "Barburrito pushes into London". Peach Report. 9 October 2013. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- "Barburrito has growth on the menu". Manchester Evening News. 28 April 2010. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- Jupp, Adam (22 July 2013). "Barburrito growth can spice up sales to £50m". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- "Barburrito to create 250 jobs in £3.25m expansion". Manchester Evening News. 3 April 2012. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- McDonough, Tony (3 April 2012). "Mexican chain Barburrito to expand after securing £3.25m". Liverpool Daily Post. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- "North West based food entrepreneurs behind Mexican chain Barburrito attract £3.25 million of investment". Business Growth Fund. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- Chomka, Stefan (12 June 2013). "Business Profile: Barburrito". Big Hospitality. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- Atkinson, Jess (23 August 2013). "Barburrito : Our Breakfast Burrito At UK’s Favourite Tex Mex". Viva Lifestyle Magazine. Retrieved 24 December 2013.