Barclays Bank (Kenya)
|Traded as||KN: BBK|
Jeremy Awori 
|Products||Loans, credit cards, savings, investments, mortgages|
|Revenue||: Aftertax:US$89.7 million (KES:7.1 billion) (2013)|
|Total assets||US$2.329 billion (KES:200.975 billion) (March 2014)|
Number of employees
The bank is a large financial institution in Kenya, with an estimated asset base in excess of US$2.329 billion (KES:200.975 billion), as of March 2014. At that time, Barclays Bank of Kenya was the fifth-largest commercial bank in Kenya, by assets, behind KCB Group, Equity Bank Group, Cooperative Bank and Standard Chartered Kenya. The institution serves the banking needs of large and small business customers as well as individuals.
According to its website, Barclays Bank has been present in Kenya for over 90 years. However, the bank was licensed in its present form in 1953, according to the website of the Central Bank of Kenya. The shares of stock of Barclays Bank of Kenya are listed on the Nairobi Stock Exchange (NSE), where they trade under the symbol: BARC. Before 2013, The bank is a subsidiary of Barclays Bank Plc. (through Barclays Africa), an International financial services conglomerate, whose shares of stock are listed on the London Stock Exchange under the symbol: BARC and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the symbol: BCS. In 2013, Barclays Plc. adopted the combined strategy to operate as “One Bank in Africa” with an aim of increasing efficiency and boosting returns from the African Units. This led to the merging of all Barclays Plc. businesses in Africa (other than Egypt and Zimbabwe units) through Absa Group Limited, leading to the formation of Barclays Africa Group. The stock of Barclays Africa Group, which owns 68.5% of Barclays Bank of Kenya, is listed on the JSE.
- Business Daily Reporter, . (4 February 2013). "New Barclays Kenya MD Takes Office". Business Daily Africa (Nairobi). Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Herbling, David (6 February 2014). "Barclays Net Profit Falls 12.7 Percent". Business Daily Africa (Nairobi). Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Herbling, David (9 February 2014). "Barclays Ends Staff Restructuring Plan After 500 Job Cuts". Business Daily Africa (Nairobi). Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- CBK, . "Bank Supervision: Commercial Banks & Mortgage Finance Institutions". Central Bank of Kenya (CBK). Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Bankelele, . (28 April 2014). "Kenya Bank Rankings By Assets 2013". Bankelele.Co.Ke. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Buthelezi, Londiwe (8 April 2013). "Absa’s Deal To Buy Barclays’ African Operations Runs Behind Schedule". © Copyright 1999 - 2014 Independent Online, A Division of Independent Newspapers (Pty) Limited. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Ndzamela, Phakamisa (7 October 2013). "Ramos Doing Good Job, Says Barclays Boss". Banking.Org.Za. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- BBK, . "Barclays Bank Kenya: Nearest Branch/ATM". Barclays Bank Kenya (BBK). Retrieved 4 August 2014.