|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012)|
|Key people||Eric Van Zele, CEO
Carl Peeters, CFO
|Products||Video, Digital cinema, CRT, OLED, LCD, DLP and LCoS projectors, LED and Flat panel displays, image processing equipment and software|
|Revenue||€1.156 billion (2012)|
Barco N.V. (Euronext: BAR) is a display hardware manufacturer specialising in video projectors, DLP projectors, LCoS projectors, Image Processing, LED displays, video walls, flat panel displays, automated luminaires, digital lighting and lighting controls.
Barco is headquartered in Kortrijk, Belgium, and has facilities for Sales & Marketing, Customer Support, R&D and Manufacturing in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific. Barco is active in more than 90 countries and employs about 3,900 employees worldwide. Barco posted sales of 1.156 billion euro in 2012.
Barco designs and develops visualization solutions for a variety of selected professional markets: control rooms, defense & aerospace, digital cinema, healthcare, media & entertainment and simulation & virtual reality.
Barco is an acronym that originally stood for Belgian American Radio COrporation.
- Barco Graphics was the graphics division of the Belgian Barco Group. It was the result of the 1989 merger of Digitized Information Systems Corporation (D.I.S.C.), Aesthedes and Barco's own "Creative Group".
- In 1997, Barco acquired EIS (Electronic Image Systems), a manufacturer of high brightness, high resolution calligraphic CRT projectors for the flight simulation market.
- In 1998, Barco ETS acquired Gerber Systems Corp., a manufacturer of plotters and Automatic Optical Inspection (AOI) systems for printed circuit boards, based in Hartford, Connecticut, USA.
- In 1999, Barco acquired Metheus Corporation, a Tektronix spin-off and manufacturer of professional graphics controllers, based in Beaverton, Oregon, USA. 
- In 2004, Barco acquired Voxar, a 3D medical imaging software company, based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- In 2004, Barco acquired Folsom Research, Inc, based in Rancho Cordova, California, USA. Folsom's product lines cover solutions for image processing, image communication and image functionality & interactivity.
- In 2008, Barco acquired High End Systems, an automated luminaires, digital lighting and lighting controls company, based in Austin, Texas.
- In 2010, Barco acquired Fimi, a company specialized in medical imaging, based in Saronno, Italy.
- In 2010, Barco acquired all intellectual property of Element Labs, a manufacturer of LED equipment, based in Santa Clara, California, USA.
- In 2010, Barco acquired dZine, a Belgium based company specialized in Digital Signage solutions.
- In 2012, Barco acquired IP Video Systems, a company specialized in networked visualization solutions, based in Sunnyvale, California.
- In 2012, Barco acquired JAOtech, a manufacturer of patient entertainment and point-of-care terminals for hospitals, based in Surrey, UK.
- In 2013, Barco acquired AWIND, a manufacturer of hardware and software for wireless presentation systems, based in Taipei, Taiwan.
- In 2013, Barco acquired projectiondesign®, a manufacturer of projection technology, based in Fredrikstad, Norway.
- In the early 2000s, Barco Graphics was acquired by Belgian Purup-Eskofot, and renamed Esko-Graphics, which was again renamed Esko in 2006.
- In 2007, BarcoVision was acquired by Itema Group from Bergamo, Italy. 
- In 2008, Barco sold its Advanced Visualisation (AVIS) group (the previously acquired Voxar ) to Toshiba Medical (TMSC).