Bardhaman Purba (Lok Sabha constituency)
|Reservation||Reserved for SC|
|Current MP||Sunil Kumar Mandal|
|Assembly Constituencies||Raina (SC)
Bardhaman Purba (Lok Sabha constituency) is one of the 543 parliamentary constituencies in India. The constituency is based on Bardhaman in West Bengal. All the seven assembly segments of No. 38 Bardhaman Purba (Lok Sabha constituency) are in Bardhaman district. The seat is reserved for scheduled castes.
As per order of the Delimitation Commission in respect of the delimitation of constituencies in the West Bengal, Burdwan (Lok Sabha constituency), Katwa (Lok Sabha constituency) and Durgapur (Lok Sabha constituency) eased to exist from 2009 and new constituencies came into being: Bardhaman Purba (Lok Sabha constituency) and Bardhaman-Durgapur (Lok Sabha constituency).
Bardhaman Purba (Lok Sabha constituency) (parliamentary constituency no. 38) is composed of the following assembly segments:
- Raina (SC) (assembly constituency no. 261)
- Jamalpur (SC) (assembly constituency no. 262)
- Kalna (SC) (assembly constituency no. 264)
- Memari (assembly constituency no. 265)
- Purbasthali Dakshin (assembly constituency no. 268)
- Purbasthali Uttar (assembly constituency no. 269)
- Katwa (assembly constituency no. 270)
Members of Parliament
|Lok Sabha||Duration||Constituency||Name of M.P.||Party Affiliation|
|Fifteenth||2009-14||Anup Kumar Saha||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|Sixteenth||2014-incumbent||Sunil Kumar Mandal||All India Trinamool Congress|
General election 2014
|Indian general elections, 2014: Bardhaman Purba|
|AITMC||Sunil Kumar Mandal||574660|
|CPI(M)||Ishwar Chandra Das||460181|
|CPI(ML) Liberation||Pejush Kumar Sahana||5919|
|AITMC gain from CPI(M)||Swing|
|Party||Seats won||Seat change||Vote percentage|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||2||7||22.7|
|Communist Party of India||0||2||2.3|
|Revolutionary Socialist Party||0||2||2.4|
|Indian National Congress||4||2||9.6|
|Bharatiya Janata Party||2||1||16.8|
|Socialist Unity Centre of India (Communist)||0||1||0.7|
General election 2009
|General Election, 2009: Bardhaman Purba|
|CPI(M)||Anup Kumar Saha||531,987|
|CPI(ML) Liberation||Pijush Kumar Sahana||8,419|
|CPI(M) win (new seat)|
- "Parliamentary Constituency Wise Turnout for General Elections 2014". West Bengal. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18" (PDF). Table B – Extent of Parliamentary Constituencies. Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2009-05-27.
- "General Elections, 2009 - Constituency Wise Detailed Result" (PDF). West Bengal. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- "General Elections to Lok Sabha 2014 Constituency Wise Trends & Results". West Bengal. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2 June 2014.