Bardhaman Uttar (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Type||Reserved for SC|
|Lok Sabha constituency||39. Bardhaman-Durgapur|
|Electorate (year)||210,773 (2011)|
Bardhaman Uttar (Vidhan Sabha constituency) (earlier called Burdwan North) is an assembly constituency in Bardhaman district in the Indian state of West Bengal. The seat is reserved for scheduled castes from 2011.
Bardhaman had two state assembly seats – Burdwan North and Burdwan South, both of which were earlier part of Burdwan (Lok Sabha constituency).
As per order of the Delimitation Committee, the Bardhaman assembly constituencies were renamed Bardhaman Dakshin and Bardhaman Uttar. No. 260 Bardhaman Dakshin (Vidhan Sabha constituency) covers Bardhaman municipality. No. 266 Bardhaman Uttar (Vidhan Sabha constituency) (SC) covers Burdwan II community development block and Belkash, Bandul I, Rayan I, Rayan II, Saraitikar, Baghar I and Baghar II gram panchayats of Burdwan I community development block. Both Bardhaman Dakshin and Bardhaman Uttar assembly segments are part of No. 39 Bardhaman-Durgapur (Lok Sabha constituency).
Bardhaman Uttar constituency 2011
|West Bengal assembly elections, 2011: Bardhaman Uttar |
|CPI(ML) Liberation||Tarun Kanti Majhi||1,342||0.7|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together, as well as the CPI(M) vote percentage, in 2006 for the Burdwan North constituency.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||1||0|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||8||13|
|Marxist Forward Bloc||0||1|
Note: New constituencies – 4, constituencies abolished – 5 (See template talk page for details)
Burdwan North constituency 1967-2006
Pradip Tah of CPI (M) won the Burdwan North seat defeating his nearest rival Deb Narayan Guha of Trinamool Congress in the 2006 assembly elections. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. In 2001 and 1996, Nisith Adhikary of CPI (M) defeated Lakshmi Nayatan Nayek and Raimoni Das (both of Congress) in the respective years. In 1991 and 1987, Benoy Krishna Chowdhury of CPI (M) defeated Sadhan Ghosh and Santosh Saha Sikdar (both of Congress) in the respective years. In 1982, Goswami Ramnarayan of CPI (M) defeated Lakshmi Narayan Rej of ICS. In 1977, Dwarka Nath Tah of CPI (M) won the seat defeating Sudhir Chandra Dawn of Congress.
Kashinath Ta of Congress won the seat in 1972. Debabrata Dutta of CPI (M) won the seat in 1971 and 1969. Sahedullah of CPI (M) won the seat in 1967. Prior to that there was a single Bardhaman seat.
Burdwan constituency 1951-1962
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18". Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-08-21.
- "Bardhaman Uttar". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-28.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Bardhaman Uttar. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-10.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Bardhaman Uttar. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-10.
- "270 – Burdwan North Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 5 October 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-29.