Barefoot Gen (TV drama)
|Hadashi no Gen (Barefoot Gen)|
|Country of origin||Japan|
|Running time||204 minutes|
|Original channel||Fuji Television|
|Original run||August 10, 2007 – August 11, 2007|
Hadashi no Gen (はだしのゲン Barefoot Gen?) is a Japanese television special drama.
It was during the end of the war in Hiroshima. People in Japan were facing food shortages, and air bombing day and night. But, the government and its military powers, still continued the hopeless situation, and called young people to send them to battlefields. However, people were received letters that those young people had been lost.
At that time in Japan, "Daikichi" was working as a picture drawer of Japanese footwear Geta. With his wife "Kimie", "Daikichi" worked hard to raise their four little children.
"Koji", the eldest brother, was nice and kind to his family. "Eiko", the eldest sister, was weak in health, but doing daily chores to help her family. "Gen", the naughty but cheerful kid and also nice to his family. And the youngest boy "Shinji" was a pampered child.
And "Kimie" was pregnant, so they were going to have a new family member.
When it is time to harvest the wheat from the fields outside of town, the children look forward to making bread and noodles to eat.
"Daikichi" always said to his children, "Grow up as strong as the wheat".
- Ren Kobayashi as "Gen Nakaoka", the protagonist of the story called "Hadshi no Gen".
- Kiichi Nakai as "Daikichi Nakaoka", Gen's father.
- Yuriko Ishida as "Kimie Nakaoka", Gen's mother.
- Akiyoshi Nakao as "Koji Nakaoka", Gen's elder brother.
- Asuka Ono as "Eiko Nakaoka", Gen's elder sister.
- Yuki Imai as "Shinji Nakaoka", Gen's younger brother.
- Kenichi Yajima as a chief police officer.
- Hiroko Nakajima as "Ume".
- Isamu Ichikawa as a police officer "Hamada".
- Kanako Fukaura as "Hanako Yoshida".
- Takeshi Masu as commander "Saeki".
- Shinobu Tsuruta as principal "Tanaka".
- Hiroshi Okouchi as teacher "Numata".
- Sakura as "Kikuyo"
- Susumu Kobayashi as a docter.
- Takao Toji as a master of the house.
- Yoji Tanaka as a military police.
- Hiroki Narimiya as "Seiji Yoshida".
- Ryo as "Kiyoko Hayashi".
- Takehiro Murata as "Shinsuke Takura".
- Mitsuru Hirata as "docter "Yabe".
- B-saku Sato as "Eizo Yoshida".
- Tokie Hidari as "Setsu Hayashi".
- Tetta Sugimoto as "Kosaku"
- Masanobu Katsumura as Japanese Korean "Park".
- Takehiko Ono as "Denjiro Samejima"
- Taro Yamashita as "Tatsuo Hayasi"
- Jyura Matsuura as "Takeko Hayashi"
- Gaku Yamamoto as elder "Gen Nakaoka" as narrator
- Original story Keiji Nakazawa
- Script by Ryoichi Kimiduka
- Music by Naoki Sato
- Produced by Jun Masumoto, Hisao Ogura
- Directed by Masaki Nishiura, Shosuke Murakami
- Hiroshima Film Commission
- Saga Pref Film Commission
- Ibaraki Film Commission
- Kagawa Film Commission
- Miroku no Sato in Fukuyama, Hiroshima
- Takeo, Joso, AP&PP Takahagi, Ishioka, Mitoyo
- Marugame Basara Map
- TV Shin-Hiroshima TSS TV Shin-Hiroshima
- Saga Television Station Saga TV
DVD and soundtrack
- DVD and soundtrack released on January 25, 2008, from Pony Canyon.
- Barefoot Gen
- Barefoot Gen (1976 film) - PART1 (1976)
- Barefoot Gen (1977 film) - PART2 (1977)
- Barefoot Gen (1980 film) - PART3 (1980)
- Barefoot Gen (anime) - PART1 (1983)
- Barefoot Gen 2 (anime) - PART2 (1986)
- Keiji Nakazawa