Barefoot Truth live in 2005.
|Origin||Mystic, Connecticut, U.S.|
|Associated acts||Pete Francis|
John Jay Driscoll
John Waynelovich (Wayno)
Barefoot Truth was an American independent roots rock band from New England. Barefoot Truth consisted of Will Evans (lead vocals, drums, acoustic guitar), Jay Driscoll (electric guitar, Weissenborn, acoustic guitar), Andy Wrba (upright bass, electric bass), Garrett Duffy (harmonica), and John "Wayno" Waynelovich (piano, organ). They performed at a pre-debate rally in New York for the Obama presidential campaign. In July 2012, the band announced on their website that they would be breaking up following a farewell tour in fall 2012. During the band's final show in Boston on November 11th, 2012, this was changed to the band being on hiatus, rather than breaking up.
Over Memorial Day weekend of 2015, the band reunited to play a set as part of the Summer Sound Festival at Tanglewood in Lenox, Massachusetts. The set featured both Barefoot Truth songs and some of Will Evans' solo music.
- 2005: Changes in the Weather
- 2007: Walk Softly
- 2008: All Good Reasons
- 2010: Threads
- 2011: Carry Us On
- 2006: Club House Sessions
- 2010: Life is Calling
- Will Evans - lead vocals, drums, guitar
- Jay Driscoll - vocals, guitar, weissenborn, bass guitar
- Andy Wrba - double bass, bass guitar, guitar
- Garrett Duffy - harmonica, percussion
- Wayno - keyboards, vocals
- "Barefoot Truth: The best band you've probably never heard". The Villanovan. 2009-09-24. Retrieved 2009-10-15.
- "Barefoot Truth to perform at PSUC". Cardinal Points. 2009-10-04. Retrieved 2009-10-15.
- "Acoustic folk act jams at concert". Huntington News. 2008-02-21. Retrieved 2009-10-15.
- "Folk-rock's Barefoot Truth aims for fame with new album". Daily Collegian. 2006-04-02. Retrieved 2009-10-15.[dead link]
- "Local band speaks truths on 'Walk Softly': Quartet set to release third album". Daily Collegian. 2007-09-26. Retrieved 2009-10-15.[dead link]
- "2008 Summer SoundWaves Concert Series: Groton Parks and Recreation hosts concerts". Groton Times. 2008-07-16. Retrieved 2009-10-15.[dead link]
- "Darlingside & Barefoot Truth". Capitol Center for the Arts. 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-11.
|This article on a United States band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|