Barefoot and Crazy
|"Barefoot and Crazy"|
|Single by Jack Ingram|
|from the album Big Dreams & High Hopes|
|Released||March 30, 2009|
|Format||CD Single, music download|
|Jack Ingram singles chronology|
"Barefoot and Crazy" is a song recorded by American country music artist Jack Ingram. It was released in March 2009 as the second single from his album Big Dreams & High Hopes. In late 2009, the song became Ingram's second Top Ten country hit, reaching number 10 on Billboard Hot Country Songs.
The song was written by The Peach Pickers, who comprise Rhett Akins, Dallas Davidson, and Ben Hayslip. While working on the song, Akins removed his flip-flops, and made a remark that his feet were interesting. This comment then led to the title "Barefoot and Wild," which later became "Barefoot and Crazy."
The song is an up-tempo with electric guitar accompaniment. The male narrator tells of wanting to get "barefoot and crazy" with his lover: picking her up in her Chevrolet and partying with her by the water.
Kevin J. Coyne of Country Universe gave the song a C rating, calling it "virtually indistinguishable from anything you could hear on an oldies station that focuses on eighties light rock." Jonathan Keefe, in his album review for Slant Magazine, called the song "a bit too strident an attempt at crafting a summertime radio anthem."
"Barefoot and Crazy" debuted at number 56 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart dated April 4, 2009. In September 2009, the song became Ingram's first Top 10 single on the country chart since "Wherever You Are" reached number 1 in 2006.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||10|
|US Billboard Hot 100||64|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||47|
- Erickson, Randy (2009-08-14). "For Rhett Akins, life is good". Coulee News. Retrieved 2009-08-21.
- Coyne, Kevin (2009-04-12). "Jack Ingram – "Barefoot and Crazy"". Country Universe. Retrieved 2009-06-17.
- Keefe, Jonathan (2009-08-24). "Big Dreams & High Hopes review". Slant Magazine. Retrieved 2009-09-08.
- "Jack Ingram Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Jack Ingram.
- "Jack Ingram Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Jack Ingram.
- "Best of 2009: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2009. Retrieved December 13, 2009.