||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Japanese Wikipedia. (February 2011)|
Cover of volume 19
|Genre||Action, Sports, Drama|
|Written by||Shuichi Shigeno|
|Magazine||Weekly Shōnen Magazine|
|Original run||1983 – 1991|
|Original video animation|
|Directed by||Nagayuki Toriumi
|Released||May 10, 1986 – December 16, 1986|
Baribari Legend (バリバリ伝説 Baribari Densetsu?) is an early motorbike racing manga series by Shuichi Shigeno, who went on to create the Initial D series. It was published in 38 volumes between 1983 and 1991 by Kodansha. In 1985, it won the Kodansha Manga Award for shōnen.
This manga about 4 high-schoolers and bike races got tremendous support from bike fans back then due to the realness and detail of the bikes Shigeno drew.
The story has a lot of similar points with Initial D. Racing on the public road (illegal of course) is the center of the storyline in the first half. It became a social problem in Japan because many "Hashiriya" got influenced by it and became "Rolling-zoku"(hashiriya trying to see how fast they can go through curves).
One of the most popular topics involving the series occurs when the main characters' rival dies in an automobile accident.
The character Gun Koma appears as a hidden character in the PlayStation 2 game MotoGP by Namco.
- Gun Koma (巨摩 郡?) is a motorcycle racer. Drive Honda NS, Suzuki GSX-R and FC3S. Voiced by: Hideyuki Tanaka
- Ai Itou (伊藤 歩惟?) is Gun's girlfriend. Voiced by: Yōko Oginome
- Hideyoshi Hijiri (聖 秀吉?) is Gun's friendly rival. Drive Suzuki Katana. Voiced by: Ryūsei Nakao
- Hiro Okita (沖田 比呂?) is Gun's best friend in class. Drive Kawasaki Z400GP. Voiced by: Issei Futamata
- Miyuki Ichinose (一ノ瀬 美由紀?) is daughter of Ichinose Racing Team, is in love with Hiro. Drive Honda VT.
- Tomoko Hijiri (聖 知代?) is Hidyoshi's sister, has lost parents died in truck accident.
|This manga-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|