Bari Centrale railway station
|Exterior of the station building.|
|Address||Piazza Aldo Moro
Bari–Martina Franca–Taranto (FSE)
|Owner||Rete Ferroviaria Italiana|
Ferrovie del Sud Est
|Urban / suburban|
The station was first built in 1864 and between 1865 and 1906 5 more platforms were added. In the first half of the 20th century it was further enlarged and renewed and in 1946, after World War II, the most recent renovation project was started.
Structure and transport
Bari Centrale lies in the middle of the city, at Aldo Moro square (Piazza Aldo Moro). It is a large junction station with 16 platforms for passenger service (13 for FS trains, 3 for FSE). The station is situated on the lines Ancona-Pescara-Bari-Lecce (FS), Bari-Taranto (FS), Bari-Martina-Taranto (FSE).
The Centrale is an important transportation hub for the Apulia regional services. For long-distance transport it is served by InterCity, EuroStar and Express trains to Reggio Calabria, Rome, Milan, Turin, Venice, Bolzano, Trieste and Zürich. Until 1994 it was served by the express "Parthenon" Athens-Paris.
The station is served by the following services (incomplete):
- High speed services (Eurostar Frecciargento) Rome - Foggia - Bari - Brindisi - Lecce
- High speed services (Eurostar Frecciabianca) Milan - Parma - Bologna - Ancona - Pescara - Foggia - Bari - Brindisi - Lecce
- High speed services (Eurostar Frecciabianca) Milan - Parma - Bologna - Ancona - Pescara - Foggia - Bari - Taranto
- High speed services (Eurostar Frecciabianca) Turin - Parma - Bologna - Ancona - Pescara - Foggia - Bari - Brindisi - Lecce
- Intercity services Bologna - Rimini - Ancona - Pescara - Foggia - Bari - Brindisi - Lecce
- Intercity services Bologna - Rimini - Ancona - Pescara - Foggia - Bari - Taranto
- Regional services (Treno regionale) Bari - Brindisi - Lecce
- Regional services (Treno regionale) Foggia - Barletta - Bari
- Local services Bari - Gioia del Colle - Taranto
- Local services Bari - Aeroporto - Barletta
|Preceding station||Trenitalia||Following station|
toward Roma Termini
|Preceding station||Ferrotramviaria||Following station|
- Bari metropolitan railway service
- List of Bari metropolitan railway stations
- Railway stations in Italy
- "Bari Centrale". Grandi Stazioni. Retrieved 30 December 2011.
- Source: "In Treno" - Official FS timetable Summer 1994, Page 32
Media related to Bari Centrale at Wikimedia Commons