|Elevation||1,220 m (4,000 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Barkot is located at  It has an average elevation of 1,220 metres (4,003 feet)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Barkot had a population of 6098. Males constitute 56% of the population and females 44%. Barkot has an average literacy rate of 73%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 63% of the males and 37% of females literate. 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Barkot is 126 km from the capital of Uttrakhand & 82 km far from District headquarters Barkot on the way of YUMNOTRI and GUNGOTRI Dham.
Schools and colleges
In Barkot, there is a Reputed, Govt ITI, a degree college, a DIET.
- GOVERNMENT DEGREE COLLEGE, BARKOT
- ITI BARKOT
- GOVERNMENT INTER COLLEGE BARKOT
- GOVERNMENT GIRLS INTER COLLEGE BARKOT
- GURU RAM RAI Inter Collage
- SUMAN GRAMMAR High SCHOOL
- HILLGREEN PUBLIC SCHOOL
- SARSWATI VIDYA MANDIR INTERMEDIATE COLLAGE BARKOT
- HOLY LIFE PUBLIC SCHOOL
- BAL SHIKSHA SADAN
- SARASWATI SISU MANDIR
- R. HANS PUBLIC SCHOOL
- Govt. Polytechnic Collage
- N.H. OFFICE
- POLICE STATION
- GOVT. HOSPITAL
- G M V N .
- IRRIGATION DEPARTMENT
- JALAGAM PRABHAND
- JAL NIGAM
- JAL SANSHTHAN
- TEHSIL BARKOT
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Barkot
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This article related to a location in the Indian state of Uttarakhand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|