Barmby Moor shown within the East Riding of Yorkshire
|Population||1,114 (2011 census)|
|OS grid reference|
|Civil parish||Barmby Moor|
|Unitary authority||East Riding of Yorkshire|
|Ceremonial county||East Riding of Yorkshire|
|Region||Yorkshire and the Humber|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||Yorkshire and the Humber|
|UK Parliament||East Yorkshire|
Barmby Moor is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 1.5 miles (2.4 km) west of Pocklington. It lies north of the A1079 road where it is met by the B1246 road that passes through the village.
The village was originally a market town with a coaching inn. It has a church, dedicated to St Catherine, chapel, village hall and a primary school. The former school house now houses a Kids Club and a Pre-School, both are charities run by locals. There is also a post office and a pub, The Boot & Slipper. The church and the Manor House were designated in 1967 by English Heritage as a Grade II* listed building.
Each July a traditional fete - the Barmby Feast - is held in the village.
Barmby Moor Primary School is a Church of England school. The foundation governors are appointed by the Church. The school maintains close links with St Catherine’s Church and with the family of Church schools within the diocese of York.
Barmby Moor's pre-school offers child-care and early education.
- "Key Figures for 2011 Census: Key Statistics: Area: Barmby Moor CP (Parish)". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 2 February 2013.
- "2001 Census: Key Statistics: Parish Headcounts: Area: Barmby Moor CP (Parish)". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 14 May 2008.
- Barmby Moor: A History of the County of York East Riding. Volume 3. British-history.ac.uk. pp. 140–147. Retrieved 3 March 2012.
- English Heritage. "Church of St. Catherine (1083879)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- English Heritage. "The Manor House (1309940)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- Gazetteer — A–Z of Towns Villages and Hamlets. East Riding of Yorkshire Council. 2006. p. 3.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Barmby Moor.|